Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to start from the beginning as to why I am building this fighter. 5 Weeks ago my 2005 CBR600RR was stolen out of my driveway. She was my pride and joy. I went everywhere and did everything on that bike. Rain or shine I rode. People that knew me didn't believe I had a cager at home as I was always on the bike. After the depression and anger finally subsided I started looking for a project bike that I could work on. After lurking on here for a week or so I picked up the ZX7 I now have in my possession. Plans are to put a ZX10R motor in it and hopefully front end and I'm currently looking into a SSSA conversion but that may be later on as funds are not falling off my money tree yet. Here's a few pics of how I got it and how she looks currently. Once torn down I will move it a friends shop for buildup.

Just a small edit. When I picked up the bike the gent told me the motor stopped running one day and wouldn't fire up anymore. It would crank but wouldn't fire. When I pulled up the air box I found 2 broken plug wires and a 3rd ended up pulling out of the boot after. He thought the motor was shot so after I get it out I'm going to put it on a stand and replace the plugs and wires and see if she fires.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
But if you get it running in the bike you can burn off the old tire

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welp got my Stainless steel brake lines and Nissin 4 piston calipers today. Will post pics later of the new goodies and how the bike sits as of now. Still lots to be done and blood, sweat and tears to be had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts