Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 95 CBR 600 I bought for $450. This is my first bike and this is my first major mechanical project. I'm currently stripping it down to do a fighter build.

Right now I'm deconstructing to paint the engine and frame black. I'm also thinking about wrapping my exhaust headers but if not I will just paint it black also. I'm stuck trying to find a 12mm allen wrench to get that stupid rear engine mount spacer out. I think that's the only thing stopping me from dropping the engine out. More pictures soon as I continue working on my bike. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's suppose to run. I got it with the carbs off and the fairings off (the fairings are placed on the bike for the picture) but I haven't gotten it running myself. I figured I would take it apart to clean and paint since it was already partly taken apart.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Welcome, loos like a good start if you can get her running. What are your plans?

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
I'm using an F4 seat with my tail swap, it works OK but I'm looking for somthing that fit's a little better.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Seat fit with a little trimming on the underside, was not too hard. To fit the tail I basically hacked the end off of the subframe and made a couple of brackets out of angle iron to bolt the seat, battery box and tail to. Just bolt's to the old seat mount and the UBolt's just stop it rotating when I'm not sitting on it.

It's ugly as heck but it's solid (did 3000km's + last summer on it), if you have access to a welder there are many, many better ways to do it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool I think I'm going to try the newer 600rr tail on my bike. I think I can make some notches in the existing frame, heat it up and hopefully bend it upward. If I can find a welder who can help me out for a good price I might try that also. Thanks!

·
Macaque
946 Posts
I would almost put her back together and make sure she runs and runs well before you put all of this time and effort in.
Also a great point. Make sure she doesn't knock or something. Be a shame if it looked cool, but ran like a bag of shit

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know that's a great point. I guess I was a little too excited to strip the bike down before putting it back together to make sure it ran well. I did buy the bike from a friend and he said was running before he took the carbs and fairings off to store it. We will see I guess.

Oh I got the engine out and cleaned it. Now I'm going to paint some of it. Hopefully I get a tail fairing soon. Found a 07-10 CBR 600rr tail fairing for $36 on ebay. I figure that's cheap enough to mess around with.

more to come soon. . .

·
Noobenheimer
59 Posts
I'm excited to see what happens with that engine. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my tail as well. I've got a 96 F3. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got some paint on the engine! Looks nice, but I didn't get to finish so when I get out of classes I will finish up and post some pictures.

Ordered an 09 CBR600rr tail fairing. Once I get this I can start messing around with the tail frame. Hopefully I can get a friend to do some welding for me if I need too. The frame will be painted black also.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the tail in the mail. Did a quick mock up for looks. I'm going to have to figure out what exactly to do to the frame for the mounting. I don't want to spend money on a welder but it's looking like a complete possibility if I want to do this right. I also need to find a seat that will fit or make one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got some black paint on the frame. Gonna sand some of the rough spots (my pro paint job wasn't all that great lol) and put another coat on tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts