Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone im interested in swapping in some better looking or more modern looking wheels into my 03 cbr954. ive heard of people putting zx14 rims on but never actually seen this done. im aware that rc51 rims will work n would consider that as well but mostly im interested in hearing about the zx14 swap what year rims will work what about the brakes n spacers m stuff like that/ im also interested in any kind of modern swap like from a newer cbr1000 or anything thats not the three spoke rims ive got on there now! kinda on a budget so those 1800$ aftermarket rims are out of the question! any good info on what my options are n some technical info on how to get it done would be super awesome!!

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
member on here "street fighter" did it on his cbr1000, a good amount of machining was required for the rear. never seen it on 954
Just to add, it would basically be the same process for the rear as the 1000rr rims are essentially the same as 954 rims. They are a direct swap with each other. The rear brake caliper bracket works the same way too.

The front would be hard if you're going to retain the 954 forks. The rim would fit easily, but the rotors would be an issue. The 14 uses 310mm rotors and has different mounting holes compared to the 954's 330mm rotors. Aftermarket rotors for the 14 are insanely expensive.

I've got a front zx14 rim going on my 954, but I'm using 1000rr forks. The rotor isn't as much of an issue with the radial brakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do all the non three spoke cbr 1000's rims use the smaller rotars and have the different bolt holes?, like other than the 14? im just looking for an updated look without having to drop all the cash on aftermarket rims. any suggestions on something like that that would work would be great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts