Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

'96 FZR600R '98 ENGINE

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  djj986744 
#1 ·
ok so this is my first bike, restoring is has been quite a trip but i enjoy the shit out of it, and im here to post some pics of how the project is going, haven't any questions yet but i would love to hear yalls thoughts!

here is the bike at purchase, got her for 700, barely ran, leaking oil that was blacker than black >_<

here she is after all the oil and fluids where changed, tank cover attached, and a few minor fixes, nothing serious

annnd now that shes running its time to take her apart for paint :p

here she is after a few coats of matte black and low gloss just for an idea of how its all going to turn out :D

I plan of keeping the tank cover matte black without the low-gloss finish
some real nice curves on this one guys!!!

and just so my buddy doesnt kill me im giving him a lot of the credit here, hes been walking me through the process and has put in a good amount of hours while i was away at college.

See less See more
#3 ·
we decided to keep the yamaha logo, which you can barely see underneath the first few coats. doin it metallic army green.

as for the rest of the bike I got some cheap blinkers and still have the stock tail light, trying to do something a little classic with the rear, maybe a bar light not sure yet.

if you look closely the cut isn't the cleanest :p (done by me) but we plan to hit it with a grinder.

I'm currently looking into running the turn signals along the inside of the frame and have them come out both support bars on either side just underneath the seat. not sure if we want to remove that bottom support or not... smart???

for the headlight ive ordered custom brackets and a 6.5" GSG headlight from http://www.streetfightersinc.com, which i hope to convert to HID xenon eventually, trying to find a cheaper alternative than just buying a conversion kit.

also going to put in our own battery made out of 8 A123's im sure you all know about that deal...

still one BIG issue.... we haven't the slightest idea what to do with the rims. they are still stock, and I suggested black with a white rim, although I'm open to suggestions and very eager to see what y'all got in mind; please post picture ideas if you have them!

#4 ·
id say keep the lower support. or if you take it off weld one on that works more with the look you are going for. and black with a while stripe is a great idea

#5 ·
alright! so I was going through some photos and I overlooked a few so im here upload and keep yall up to date with the project...

front view of my baby at purchase, not a big fan of the cowling but hey we all have our faults. headlights are still shining bright so I'm probably going to part them off.

and here is the supplies for the paint job we did, plus some carb cleaner, I hear this stuff is good

CHOP SHOP! (our makeshift paint-room, Dexter style :p)

aaanndd the headlights I ordered, 6.5" GSG with a BLACK backing, although this one has chrome

these are the custom brackets I ordered with the headlight, got the silver ones because I figured its more to work with

so we put a clear coat over the tank cover and we decided to keep the yamaha logo, so here it is, army green son!

another sexy idea I had, not too sure how it will look quite yet, army green kickstand?? :/

#6 ·
carbs got cleaned a few days ago :drinks:

buffed and lookin' fresshhh, air compressor ftw!!

oh yea, and I got my headlight AND brackets in from Germany... looks way better than I had expected.

one

two.. easy as... pie

anyways, if you notice, the swing-arm kinda has a dent in it which I'm not too happy about. Its structurally sound but I do eventually plan on replacing it unless anyone else has a really good idea??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.