Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this thread but it's inspired me a lot to start work on my f3.. I will be posting pics of my current progress as soon as possible (they're on my droid) but right now I have the motor out and waiting on some new parts. I ordered a tail for it and a seat (got the seat for 99 cents!:thumbsup:) and then I will have even more pics. This wont be the typical black cbr fighter.. I'm looking to try and do white. Black is nice but I always have favored white :shocker: I picked this bike up a couple weeks ago from a guy a couple hours away, for about 750 bucks. With some riding gear, helmet, gloves, etc. His neighbor, Aaron Colton, was kind enough to show me this bike will do a circle wheelie no problem :rock:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The work started 2 days ago.

Heres how it sits right now waiting on parts!

I got shiny new levers!

Let me know what you guys think about doing white, the frame will be done black, along with most of the motor. Accept the clutch covers will be white, and maybe the cylinder head. Then the rest, rims, tank, tail fairing, headlight housings, brake calipers, bottom of the forks, most things will be white. Then I'll add in some blue accents like the levers, foot pegs and maybe a couple other things. So far I have ordered a tail fairing off an 06 cbr 600rr ($30), 2 bi-xenon projectors ($60), the levers that already came ($9), a seat off an 03 r6 (99 cents). Things to come, blue foot pegs, blue bar ends/grip combo thingies lol, Hids, and thats all I can think of for now! :party-smiley:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adjustable levers for 9$, might I ask from where?
Ebay! They're actually for sale since they don't fit my bike like I had hoped, they are for an r6 but for 9 dollars I was hopeful they would fit right in. It's possible, but it would take a little fab work and I will be anodizing my cbr levers instead now. I can upload a pic of both levers if you'd be interested I'd easy get rid of them for 9 dollars plus the shipping.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a question, coming from a new rider. I got a bell helmet with the bike, as well as a pair of astars gloves. I'm not as concerned about my gloves but are they good brands or shall I upgrade? I'm very protective of my dome. Due to my best friend of 15 years suffering a TBI that now has him in a wheelchair, I want my brain protected as well as possible so I get nervous about helmets being quality!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Here's a question, coming from a new rider. I got a bell helmet with the bike, as well as a pair of astars gloves. I'm not as concerned about my gloves but are they good brands or shall I upgrade? I'm very protective of my dome. Due to my best friend of 15 years suffering a TBI that now has him in a wheelchair, I want my brain protected as well as possible so I get nervous about helmets being quality!
I would buy a new helmet. The Bell helmet i'm sure is a quality helmet, but how old is it, has it been dropped, not just crash damage even being dropped off a bench can damage a helmet although the damage may not be seen. Its your head and you only get one so protect it with a new helmet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ebay! They're actually for sale since they don't fit my bike like I had hoped, they are for an r6 but for 9 dollars I was hopeful they would fit right in. It's possible, but it would take a little fab work and I will be anodizing my cbr levers instead now. I can upload a pic of both levers if you'd be interested I'd easy get rid of them for 9 dollars plus the shipping.
I think shipping to India would be a tad costly. :LolLolLolLol:

Oh and I'd go with a new helmet too. Lids aren't that costly when you compare them with potential head surgery bills.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha I could calculate it if you wanted. And thanks for confirming my helmet thing ha ill be getting a brand new one before spring. Yeah the bills are crazy expensive my buddy's emergency helicopter ride alone cost 50K!

·
Fresh Meat
54 Posts
I'm going a very similar way. I'm building an F2 with a gixxer solo seat (also an eBay deal). Going to chop the subframe short to make it look right. I'm super pleased how the contour of the seat perfectly matches the Honda tank.
:rock:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going a very similar way. I'm building an F2 with a gixxer solo seat (also an eBay deal). Going to chop the subframe short to make it look right. I'm super pleased how the contour of the seat perfectly matches the Honda tank.
:rock:
Feel free to throw up some pics on here for us to take a look! The tail I ordered seems like it will line up good so im hopeful. I wish I could go solo seat but my girl and I plan to take a few trips on this bike together so im ordering the second seat :). Right now I have a temp sensor broken off in the cylinder so I need that out.. im putting an f4i gauge cluster on this :D

·
Fresh Meat
54 Posts
Feel free to throw up some pics on here for us to take a look! The tail I ordered seems like it will line up good so im hopeful. I wish I could go solo seat but my girl and I plan to take a few trips on this bike together so im ordering the second seat :). Right now I have a temp sensor broken off in the cylinder so I need that out.. im putting an f4i gauge cluster on this :D

Nice.

I'm going to be running dirty bars with a custom triple. I've bought a 7" single round headlight, and a Trail-Tech Vapour display, and R6 tail-light with integrated blinkers. The trick now is to fab up a custom tail. I'm thinking close to bobber now, but my change as things progress.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gonna be needing to do something about my rear end lights too.. I'm waiting on my tail to see what brake light to order, I'll just throw some flush mounts on the sides of the tail but the brake light needs to be better fit than that..

1 - 20 of 68 Posts