Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, I might be buying a 97 750 with an 02 swap (engine, tank, fuel pump, harness and digital speedo). What should I look for when I go see it? How hard of a swap is this? Like is it a direct swap in, or would he have had to make custom mounts. This will be my 5th bike but first gsxr. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'm confused is the motor already in it? If it's not best person to ask would be Piester he swapped a 07 gsxr1000 into a 97/98 gsxr750. Look at his build or PM him it might help you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm confused is the motor already in it? If it's not best person to ask would be Piester he swapped a 07 gsxr1000 into a 97/98 gsxr750. Look at his build or PM him it might help you.
Thanks, I'll send him a pm. yea the motors already in it. Also, is there a vin on the engine somewhere? I've been searching all over the net and cant find a straight answer.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
There is a number on the motor usually ontop of the transmission on the clutch side. I never had a gsxr but that's where it's been on all my yamahas and kawis.

If everything is already swapped over hat do you want to know? Do you just want to check it was done right and not a half assed swap?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a number on the motor usually ontop of the transmission on the clutch side. I never had a gsxr but that's where it's been on all my yamahas and kawis.

If everything is already swapped over hat do you want to know? Do you just want to check it was done right and not a half assed swap?
Thanks, and yea the last hoodrat bike I bought was all mickeymoused and hacked up. I just want to make sure it all screwed up (crossthreaded bolts, terribly welded engine mounts, blah blah). At the end of the day its a good price so I'll probably just buy it as long as it runs ok then take it completely apart and put it back together again lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
The telltale bolts will be for the fuel tank, seats and fairings. If those aren't fucked everything else should be okay. Conveniently if you pull the tank you can get a decent idea of how hack or not hack the wiring is.

·
69 Posts
I might be wrong here but the Fuel Injector throttle bodies will not slide into the frame. I though I saw that posted on Old Skool Suzuki forum awhile back.

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
I might be wrong here but the Fuel Injector throttle bodies will not slide into the frame. I though I saw that posted on Old Skool Suzuki forum awhile back.
'97 is a SRAD model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts