Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of my buddies is a 100% knewbie to bikes and wanted to buy one. So I hunted him down a 97 gsxr 750 for $3500. We picked it up for $3300. It's in great shape just has light rash on the throttle side fairings and normal wear and tare. Maybe a bad fork seal on the clutch side fork. Hmm...

Think it was worth it? 11,000 miles. Title says 17K but he had some long story about when he got the titles and shit blahblahblah what ever.

Anyone know of common shit to look out for with these?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
not great..but decent...esp if it runs good....

no issues that i know of...good solid bike....maybe a little more power then a newb needs though...tell him to take the MSF and take it slow....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tommy Pantsdown said:
Yup. Watch out for manic grins from ear to ear. I brought one of the 98s brand new, the first one in NZ in fact and god I love those old whales.

The model that single handedly saved GSXRs from a reputation of being tall, fat, heavy and slow.

Love em.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
+1 and one of the best looking sportbikes ever...up there with the 996, zx7r's, 900rr's

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
BigRed875 said:
+1 and one of the best looking sportbikes ever...up there with the 996, zx7r's, 900rr's
you forgot the 929! :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Tommy Pantsdown said:
Well one of my buddies is a 100% knewbie to bikes and wanted to buy one. So I hunted him down a 97 gsxr 750 for $3500. We picked it up for $3300. It's in great shape just has light rash on the throttle side fairings and normal wear and tare. Maybe a bad fork seal on the clutch side fork. Hmm...

Think it was worth it? 11,000 miles. Title says 17K but he had some long story about when he got the titles and shit blahblahblah what ever.

3 g's is pretty good for a bike that runs well. maybe its been down and the fairings and speedo cluster etc were replaced. as long as its in good mechanical order, he'll be happy with the bike.

make sure you train the young grasshopper well. . . i want to see him signed up on the forums and posting burnout pics ASAP!

:LolLolLolLol: :cfrocks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
BigRed875 said:
good point...and the 954 is pretty sweet too...
yah i was thinking that. i didnt wanna seem like the uber honda whore....but yah. the RR series on up from the 900 are some of the best looking bikes out there, IMO!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
929_adam said:
yah i was thinking that. i didnt wanna seem like the uber honda whore....but yah. the RR series on up from the 900 are some of the best looking bikes out there, IMO!
minus the 1000rr the way the cut the lower fairings is criminal! esp the red ones the first year they came out...yuck!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
BigRed875 said:
minus the 1000rr the way the cut the lower fairings is criminal! esp the red ones the first year they came out...yuck!
yah. i could do without that cut, it looks kinda weird. not so bad for changing the oil tho! :LolLolLolLol:

however the 06 is a sexy bitch!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
ya the 06's are much better...'cept whats with that ugly blue and yellow

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
BigRed875 said:
ya the 06's are much better...'cept whats with that ugly blue and yellow
gotta go with the all black. MMMMMMmmm.

just need to powdercoat the swingarm to match the frame!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts