Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey eveyone, i've been on the forum for a little while and now im about to buy this bike, but i need ur HELP...lol..

it's a 97 suzuki rf600...the guy says that it was wreck (the sub-frame supporting the rear fender) so he cut that off...it has a seat and he said it ran before his buddy tried to put a taillight on it and now is doesn't want to start...im thinkin it could be a short somewhere...a fuse problem or somthing else...im gonna try to fix it...

but my question is, since the guy cut the rear sub-frame off there is no support for a rear fender..(which won't pass inspection) besides building a sub-frame myself, is there somewhere i could buy a bolt-on sub-frame???

i like the stubby short look of it, but i would like to get a sub-frame (if bolt-ons are sold) to support a newer fender (sharp, clean look)
just because of inspection issue..although i might be able to just buy an inspection sticker

the only reason i ask about a bolt-on buy, instead of making it, i don't have a welder....so kinda hard..

other plans for the bike
-first off get it running agian
-streetfighter style headlight fairing
-maybe a bellypan

all opinions and other plans are greatfully taken..thanks everyone.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
If it wouln't start now, and that's not bs. ....You said he cut the tail off,and messed with the light ? check the tip over sensor ??

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
If im thinking correctly there is no "bolt on" subframe made for that bike, you pretty much have to make a new one. Check all the fuses, if it does nothing when you go to turn the key the main fuse could be blown or he shorted something out pretty badly. Check the ecu or whatever its called (black box with the plugs in it) and make sure its not melted. My ninja had that happen to it and it wouldnt start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips guys...

what do u think about that model of bike??

ohh and another question, does anyone know of parts from other bikes that will work with the rf600?? like the bandit or gsx-r or katana???

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
RF600 is hard to find parts for, thats its only real problem.

Don't expect much bolt-on stuff for streetfighters... And don't expect respect if you do buy bolt-on stuff... Fabrication and creativity are the staples of streetfighter bikes.

You can fabricate adapters to put a subframe from a different bike on... then mess with it a little to get the tail from that bike to fit.
Or you can build a custom subframe.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
maybe rf900 partS?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RF600 is hard to find parts for, thats its only real problem.

Don't expect much bolt-on stuff for streetfighters... And don't expect respect if you do buy bolt-on stuff... Fabrication and creativity are the staples of streetfighter bikes.

You can fabricate adapters to put a subframe from a different bike on... then mess with it a little to get the tail from that bike to fit.
Or you can build a custom subframe.

do they sell subframes from other bikes??? pre-made??? like newer gsx-r, r6, r1 ect.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Yeah... 'they' sell subframes for bikes... just find the subframe from the bike on eBay or a forum, buy it, and then bust out the metalworking tools.

·
Flip-Flop King
167 Posts
Yeah... 'they' sell subframes for bikes... just find the subframe from the bike on eBay or a forum, buy it, and then bust out the metalworking tools.
You mean the tools he doesnt have? If you wanna build a fighter dude, you need to buy a welder, or buy a case of beer for a guy who does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts