Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Unless the owner road it hard and put it away wet and didn't care about it in general I find it very hard to believe that bike only has 500 miles on it. I've got a 98 KTM with 4500 miles on it and it only has some scuffed bark busters, a turn signal held on with electrical tape, the stickers are just starting to yellow, and even the spokes are just now starting to show faint signs of corrosion if you get up close and personal with the wheels. I didn't even pay $2k for my 98 KTM so I would have a hard time paying $2k for that when it looks as rough as it does.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh geez i thought it looked pretty clean. aside from that one pic after a days ride.

i guess the cdi cover looks a little boot worn for 500 miles. thats about the only thing that caught my eye. or is that the clutch cover.

Also this is slightly more rare and arguably more exotic than a 98 ktm :D

See how the kicker the exhaust and the chain and the brakes are on the wrong side. Yea thats the pimp shit.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
More rare or exotic than a 98 KTM? Sure. That also means it's harder to get parts compared to a bike that's already hard to to get parts for. The 98 KTM also has the kicker, brake, and muffler on the left. The chain is on the right and the exhaust goes to the right after exiting the engine but for some reason goes back to the left for the muffler. Don't know if it matters but the aftermarket for nonwear items is nonexistant for both the Husky and the KTM. If you want to throw aftermarket parts at it to make it look a little more modern it has to be custom fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.