Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

181 - 200 of 228 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Very interested in the microsquirt stuff. Please posts lots of pics and info on that.
+1

I have all the stuff to burn my own chips for the Ducati, but I need to learn fuel mapping. Almost rather do a squirt so I have more control of the engine.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Not sure what all the micro squirt does, but I've been reading over on a CB1100F forum about an ignition setup from a company call Ignitech. I don't know about all bikes, but in the case of the CB1100F they can supply the box with plugs to make it just plug in to the bike, no extra charge. The box just does ignition settings, but you can tune it from your laptop and you have full control. Can even do things like cut the ignition during cranking until after so many revolutions. The setup is $140, which seems very fair. There's a more expensive option that allows "3-D" ignition curve tuning, but I have no ide what that would really mean.

Not at all sure how this would or would not play in to all this, but thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
made a new bracket for the breather.. didn't like it being on the subframe... the line is about an inch too long.. fuck it tho lol

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
so everytime i come to a stop my bike is smoking... you think that breather being out front is enough to pressurize the case? ,aybe push some oil out? i can't see any visible leaks i dunno..

i think i might make a shield for it to see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
so picked up a new throttle.. the cable kit i got with it is from vehnhill.. it came with solder on ends it doesnt really give you very good instructions..

one end is bare and one is like tinned.. do i just heat this up and stick some more solder in it?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
so tried to solder it... wouldn't really stick to the brass, even with silver solder.. so superglue it is lol

it's a 1/4 turn about.. hopefully i can use it for longer riders its pretty stiff now but it looks good... also moved my master more inboard so i can get two fingers on it... brakes dont work without leverage it seems...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
So second time in two weeks my airbox has filled with fuel.. This time was worse than last.. Luckly it was only a mile from my house..

Last time it went away this time no so much but everything looked fine.. Might put a real fuel filter in it.. Dont wanna do the fi swap mid summer

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
i was thinking of grabbing one of those cheapo fram units..

but yeah i tore em down didnt really see anything, atleast needling clogging.. not sure what else it could be.. floats looked fine, i did the seals like last year? but from never in 4 years to twice in 4 rides.. my tank has the normal mesh screen but it doesnt stop everything.. probably empty my tank too before

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
so doin it the hard way.. adding some more timing..

gonna call the dyno guy tomorrow see if he has time and i'll throw it on tomorrrow..

181 - 200 of 228 Posts