Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
big ol vat of base and water...

still gotta finish the ends/cast parts, and cut off the lugs and brake lug... gonna try and make and or use a later model brake stay.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
arm in and mocked up.... its about 1.5" inches shorter than the vfr setup... which is nice... ordered some new sprockets, going -1/+3 hopefully they get here before the engine is done so i can line up the swingarm where it needs to be.

looks like my midpipe isnt gonna make the cut... so ill need to make a new one... both new bike came with Ti cans etc so thinking i will try my hand at a ti midpipe..

also not liking this... seems a bit loose imo.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
got the engine back... turned out pretty good... he said he had it on the minium it would go and turned out pretty good... im sure if i was there and gave him the ok to turn it up it would have been mint... but its good none the less.

made a low buck soda blaster... gonna spray it and seee if i can clean up what little things remain.

new sprockets turn up on monday.. then its on to cutting shit up

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 · (Edited)
Soda blaster didnt work.. Trying crushed glass now lol

edit... it was all too easy... half way through... i noticed one of the ports didnt have anything jammed in there... that's weird.. so.. i automatically assumed it would be the one with the open valves... and it was. so i guess im taking the head off tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Ouch

221 - 228 of 228 Posts