Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been building this bike for a few months now. It is my fiances bike, you don't see it but mine is an R1 sitting in the back of the garage getting ready to go under the knife. I'm almost finished with it and thought I would post up some pics to see what you guys thought...

Things done....
Cut the frame
K&N Lunchbox filter
Rejetted
Shorty Exhaust
Katana Rear wheel with 160 tire
Drag Bars
Painted the Frame Gloss Black
GXSR front pegs

I'm pretty sure that's everything we did to it, she loves it and can't wait to get a seat made so she can get it back out on the road, any opinions are welcome whether its good or bad, i built it to her liking so even if you hate on it it's ok LOL

This is how it looked before teardown.

And then the final product, the fender isn't bolted on yet, she said she wanted to go without it, but I was able to convince her it would be a good idea to put it back on. Oh and ignore the garage still trying to put Christmas crap away...

This picture was to see if we liked the factory seat on, I am on the fence, part of me likes it but part of me wants to put a cafe racer seat on it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Cafe seat

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little update....

Well we got the seat in the mail yesterday, she didnt like the way it looked on her bike so i am going to put it on mine. Did get the clubman handlebars on and she insisted on knowing how fast she was going so I had to put the stock gauges back on until I can find something else. I hate them and think it makes the front of the bike look horrible. Anyways on to the pictures....

Also took it for a ride around the block. I love the way the bigger 160 tire looks compared to the 130. And boy does the filter and jets make a huge difference. Only problem is at low idle it really bogs down almost like its getting to much fuel but once its above 3000 it screams.

And heres a preview of how the new seat is gonna look on my bike.

Al

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Damn man, clubmans look good on the GS!
And the cafe seat will look good as hell on the R1!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Bike looks nice. You need a seat that just covers that ass and tell you lady to ride the hell out of it.It looks cool shortened like that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little update. Took her out for a ride today and decided to take some pics. Only change is the seat. The wife took the factory seat and cut it up to use until we can save the money for the one she wants about $200 lol. Also finally got the fender on. Enjoy

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Looks clean with out them.. Are you going to run a digital speedo or something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey like the bike! are those last pics of the stock seat cut up? if so how did you go about mounting it i like it alot....and how does the bike run with cut open exhuats?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey like the bike! are those last pics of the stock seat cut up? if so how did you go about mounting it i like it alot....and how does the bike run with cut open exhuats?
It is the stock seat, my wife just cut it to her liking and then rewrapped it with the original leather. As for mounting I just used 2 holes that were already in the stock plastic seat and put some bolts through them and then drilled holes into a plate I had mounted between the frame rails. As far as it running with the exhaust it runs great, no issues whatsoever pulls real hard and lots of torque. I also added bigger jets though to compensate for the exhaust and the k&n filter I am running.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts