Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 ZX1100c swingarm that I want to use on my 89 ZX10. Does anyone know if I have to use the whole rear from a ZX11c (shocks, brakes, sprocket, and chain)? I want to be able to use a 17 inch tire.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
This is copied from an email from when I did the conversion on my zx10:

"This is for an 88-90 zx10 correct?

No you don't need anything but the zx11c wheel and the cut down eccentric.

Some people say to cut down the left spacer thy don't know what thy are doing,this will make the chain run out of line.

I have probably done around 15 of them over the last 18 years.

The 88-90 zx10 and the zx11c use the same sprocket holder thy are just deferent colors,the left spacers are deferent sizes because the swing arms different.

You can run your old rear sprocket if you dont whant change the gearing."

So, you need a zx11 C model wheel, has to be C model, and your right side eccentric needs to be milled down, though I don't remember how far, but if you bolt the 17 inch wheel in, you'll probably be able to measure how far the eccentric sticks out. It's somewhere around 3-5 mm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is copied from an email from when I did the conversion on my zx10:

"This is for an 88-90 zx10 correct?

No you don't need anything but the zx11c wheel and the cut down eccentric.

Some people say to cut down the left spacer thy don't know what thy are doing,this will make the chain run out of line.

I have probably done around 15 of them over the last 18 years.

The 88-90 zx10 and the zx11c use the same sprocket holder thy are just deferent colors,the left spacers are deferent sizes because the swing arms different.

You can run your old rear sprocket if you dont whant change the gearing."

So, you need a zx11 C model wheel, has to be C model, and your right side eccentric needs to be milled down, though I don't remember how far, but if you bolt the 17 inch wheel in, you'll probably be able to measure how far the eccentric sticks out. It's somewhere around 3-5 mm.

That is some great information Crazkene. I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Idk if it helps bit I've got a complete 03/04 zx6r rear end for sale swingarm rim crush rotor caliper master axle. Of you want to put a 180 on the back. Just throwing it out there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts