Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I know, its pretty slow going, but I'm done with finals on tuesday, so I'll do work on the blasting box this week. Then stuff can start to move pretty quick on the bike.

·
CARPE OMNIOUS
155 Posts
lookin good, cant wait to see what you do with yours! the engines in this year are beasts! mine has almost 40k with no issues! just a few tune ups and regular oil changes at the house.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ya, I've heard great things about this motor. I'm glad yours is going strong!

I did a little work on the blasting box today, I'm gettin over being sick so this is my first day getting off my ass.

I'm kinda designing it as I go, so I'm not gonna post pics until it's done, and I put it in DIY, top secret till then. :Evil_smile:

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm embarrassed at how slow this has been going, but I"m back at it now, so hopefully I wont slow down till it's finished.

Drilled my modified triple and mocked up the bars. Appears to have proper clearance and is aligned properly. I'd be pissed if I screwed up my triple.

Also, blasting cabinet is almost finished, just need a vacuum hookup and my door/glass mounted.

Here is the disaster that got me started on the blasting cabinet:

Bars mocked up, complete with homemade risers:

·
826 Posts
I need to get to making my work benches too, but I want to put some tile down before I make the benches, but I can't do that until I get everything else out of the way.

How much was that bandsaw? I wouldn't mind finding one about that size!

The bike looks great by the way, I just get excited by tools and work spaces.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think the bandsaw was around $100, I got it for a birthday. It's just a basic one, I put a metal blade in it and it has served me very well.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I've been putting the media blaster to work, I finished taking the paint off my front wheel, handlebar, and front carriers.

I don't have any pics right now cuz my mom's got the camera, but I'll get some in a few days.

Today I shot the dirty bar and front wheel with high-heat primer, started raining before I could do the rotors.

·
Dookie Knot
44 Posts
Looking good guy! I'm probably gonna steal your idea for your media blaster when the time comes for me. Looks like a good piece to have laying around the shop!

Any updates?

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I sprayed the front wheel with white, reminded me how bad my paint skills are. :LolLolLolLol:

I need to get some pics for ya, but I need to wet sand and do more coats.

The biggest thing holding me up right now is money, I need to order a few things.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
so here's the front wheel, only one coat of white so far, needs to be wet sanded, there's a couple problem spots. Overall I'm excited about the look though. I can't decide if I want to do them all white or do center area black and rim white....... Opinions please?

Here's the huge ass, dirty ass, ugly ass rear wheel, ready to get same treatment.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I need to restore the swinger also, there is a nasty gash where the exhaust impacted the swinger. I'm gonna blast it and then paint it, but how do you all thing I should fix the damage? JB weld? body filler? thick primer?

·
i will forever be useless
1,581 Posts
personally i would strip it spray it with filler primer and see if that does it depending on how deep the scratch is.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bars, also gonna be white; and yes, I did get rid of the gold. They look funny at this angle, but they are protapers, reed/henry bend.

Carriers, primed and ready for paint, also gonna be white.

My meticulous tape job took about an hour for each rotor.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
here's my problematic calipers.

Not so bad one:

Corroded one:

During disassembly, (ya I know I'm a retard), I damaged three of the pistons. Some of them I couldn't get out by hand after I used air to force them out most of the way, so I used a cloth and grabbed them with pliers. BAD IDEA. It would have been fine had I used a piece of leather, but I didn't think that hard. Oh well, now three of them are pretty bad, and one is questionable. Here is the questionable one, after buffing it still has a pit, prob would be fine though. It can barely touch the dust seal and isn't even close to the main seal.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts