Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went for a ride Sunday over to Lake Michigan. We were having a great day. On the way home we stopped at a gun shop in Hastings. We were at the checkout counter and a guy came in and ask me if I had a bike outside, I said ya and he said you might want to come out and look. He had backed into it. I was on the Road King, he dented the front fender, broke off a front turn signal, bent the bracket that holds the passing lamps, and dented the headlight cover. He didn't knock it over but he hit it so hard it bent the kickstand.

He didn't want the cops to come and he said he would pay for the damage out of pocket. Turns out he owns a transportation Co. in Hastings. He didn't want to involve the Ins. Co. either. He said he had money in his pocket, like I was going to take $100.00 and call it good. I told him I was going to call the cops and get a report just to protect myself. The wife went back in the store with him and got a copy of his drivers license and phone #'s. The cops wouldn't come out because it was on private property. He said get an estimate and fax it to him.

I had to make an appointment with Brighten HD to get an estimate. The total $1,715.00 damage, Hell the front fender was $475.00. He wants me to fax it to him tomorrow, he doesn't know the total yet. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: eatabullet

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He seemed to be sincere. He didn't have to come find me, he could have just hauled ass. I have my fingers crossed. I have full coverage so that's not a problem, but if I can do it without using Ins. great.

Reactions: oldrider

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i really hope this works out for you. Did you get pictures of everything when it happened? It really sucks getting fucked over for being a nice person.

also, make sure you slash his tires and breaks his windows. Then beat the shit out of him and cut him up real good like.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He text me last night about 8:00 said he will call me this morning. At least he is staying in contact with me. Good sign, I hope.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I hate to sound like a prick, but $1700 seems like way too much money for a fender and a couple brackets. I almost feel sorry for the other guy now :D

Sorry your scoot got bumped. Glad it wasn't worse! Hope you get it all worked out...maybe you oughta getcha one of those little sticks with the orange flag on it??

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That sucks at least he's owning up to his fuck up so far......

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hate to sound like a prick, but $1700 seems like way too much money for a fender and a couple brackets. I almost feel sorry for the other guy now :D

Sorry your scoot got bumped. Glad it wasn't worse! Hope you get it all worked out...maybe you oughta getcha one of those little sticks with the orange flag on it??
I was a little shocked at the price too. For what ever reason the kick stand is called a Jiffy stand, but it got bent. It comes in two pieces, the stand and the bracket that holds it all together. Now get this, $320.46 for the unit. One fork cover, $36.00 To replace the fork cover the front end has to come apart. It has a cover that covers the headlight and top of the forks, just the right side $150.00. Front fender $400.00. Then the bracket that holds the passing lamps and turn signal was bent, $123.00. One turn signal assem, $52.00 Six hours labor for the whole job $558.00 Then tax and shop supplies....:doh: Don't wreck your HD.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He called me and was a little shocked at the price to say the least. I faxed him the estimate and he said he would call me on Mon. or Tues. He lives 80 miles from me, If he balks I will ride out to him and go over the estimate with the bike rite there. Hell I could have been an ass and charged him for the scratch on the crash bar, $300.00 and the scratch on the Passing lamp $80.00. My helmet was laying on the ground. It was brand new, Could have dinged him for that. Hell at these prices it would be cheaper for me to hire some kid to stand guard when I stop......:D

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the bump, but really glad you weren't ON the bike when he 'bumped' it! SHEESH! Lot of damage to not even knock it down, but I think he sounds like an honest dude too & hope he makes it right with you. Bet he's MUCH more careful next time!

:thumbsup:

Reactions: shotgun

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
wow, 320 dollars for a kickstand.... that is some crazy shit. But you are getting dealership prices so i am not that suprised.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Harley parts are like gold. I've sold a lot of HD parts. It always amazes me what they will pay for things. I can probably make 500.00 selling the used stuff on line.

Reactions: ROBBO and nemo
1 - 20 of 50 Posts