Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I wanted to change my spark plugs on my cbr 600 f4. Got the spark pugs at the local Honda shop. Asked how much a socket was for the spark plugs. I was told the special tool was $50. What $50 for a socket???? Was told again it was a special one. I not so kindly left. Drove down to Northern Tool store where I found a 5/8 deep Socket for $10. And it worked great! :party-smiley:

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Much better price. Why wouldn't a normal plug socket and an extension work?

·
2 Posts
on my 95 zx9 i had to grind down a regular socket's walls so it would actually fit, it stays in my motorcycle tools now. that 5/8 socket looks like it has nice and thin walls

·
146 Posts
So today I wanted to change my spark plugs on my cbr 600 f4. Got the spark pugs at the local Honda shop. Asked how much a socket was for the spark plugs. I was told the special tool was $50. What $50 for a socket???? Was told again it was a special one. I not so kindly left. Drove down to Northern Tool store where I found a 5/8 deep Socket for $10. And it worked great! :party-smiley:

$50 for a socket? FUCK ME RUNNING! I doubt they`re selling a bunch of these things...but then, I`m, cheap...

·
Captain Missing Sandwich
4,379 Posts
...they're 5.99 or so at harbor freight. I'm not sure if they're thin wall, though. I can mic the outside of it, if anybody cares that much. Lol
Something tells me that nobody cares that much. Maybe because the thread's been dead for 6 months until random question answering this morning, lol.

·
Automotive Afficianado
80 Posts
I wish there was a northern tool store by me.......

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Might have but I did not like the idea of that socket getting stuck down in the engine. So I wanted one long one part so that would not happen. Call me paranoid they all do already. :LolLolLolLol:
Can get a cheap socket, and a cheap extension, and weld em together. Did that for a DOHC 4.6L Ford. Worked great.

·
i will forever be useless
1,581 Posts
bought a snap on one way back when i had a civic and have never had a problem with it gettin stuck in the plug hole, uses an o ring instead of that wierd bushing and applys just enough pressure to hold without pullin the extension out when you tighten the plug in and it work with my zx6r

1 - 13 of 13 Posts