Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THATS RIGHT FOLKS ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT!

...until the FIRST ANNUAL CUSTOM FIGHTERS WINTER BUILDOFF

get your entries in folks. snap some pics, type some words, we're almost ready to get this thing started!

:cfrocks:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i'm still trying to decide if i can afford it :D

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Tell the truth skr00z...you're writing your acceptance speech in anticipation...aren't you?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahaahah. :LolLolLolLol: hes just trying to decide which way he wants to win. haha.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
If i weren't working so much i would be disasembleing right now.......................By the time i get home from work, I'm about to collapse :nuts: , But after the 1'st It's ON !!

Shit i don't even have time for the nervis breakdown , that i deserve ...............Damn it !!!

:pwas:

I did post up a few parts i aquired though :party-smiley:

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
I am just trying to work out my finances…and I want to enter in last minute dramatic under dog fashion.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
ahaahah. :LolLolLolLol: hes just trying to decide which way he wants to win. haha.

lol, why would you say that, there's ALOT of people here with ALOT of skill and some really wicked ideas. i can see some really trick stuff coming out of this build off, fo rizzle. all i have in front of me right now is my 954. if i'm gonna enter a build off again, i don't wanna do it with a bike that's already halfway done. i only have one other bike frame that i'd even consider using, but i don't have a title for it, and don't know if i could even get one (previous owner is not in this country). though this is a bike i've been planning for a loooong time, and it'd be perfect for the build off, i don't think i'm gonna be able to afford getting it together any time soon. besides, i don't have a motor for it, and finding one in decent shape isn't gonna be easy.

so uh, anyone happen to have a complete early 90's cr500 motor? :evilred:

i wasn't gonna let the cat out, but hell, why not, here's what i had im mind:

-nt650 twinspar aluminum frame with a one-off cradle to hold the cr500 motor.
-nt650 single sided arm with a triumph hub/brake/wheel/cush drive
-inverted cbr600rr front suspension with a matching triumph front wheel using the honda's radial brakes
-modded cbr600f3 tank
-one off fiberglass tailsection and seat
-one off subframe with underseat exhaust mounts
-fox twin clicker shock off a cbr900rr
-custom bent expansion chamber exhaust with a home made gp style silencer
-renthals (of course)
-custom rearsets
- bunch of lil detail type odds and ends

most of the parts i have, or could make relatively easy, but every motor i've come across has been out of my financial range, and most of them need a rebuild too- more money

like i said, i've wanted to build this for a long time, just always had to many other projects going on to get it started. i've had that frame in my closet for years. man, it sure would be fun, i imagine it would be extremely light, and with a 500cc 2 stroke single in it, it'd be fun as hell, if not a lil scary, to ride.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
your eighter complete geniuse or the crazyiest mofo around

by the way your on chopper underground too huh:D
hehehe, i've been called worse, it's ok.

actually, that particualr bike wouldn't be too hard to build, but it would be pretty time consuming. i've seen a cr motor in a hawk frame before, that's kinda what made me want one, but i wanted to do it my way, his vibrated like crazy, i wanted to see if i could do it better, and 'fighter it.

yeah, i'm on CU, though i haven't been on there much since i sold that lil rigid framed bobber i built. choppers are nice, i'll build another one someday, but 'fighters are soooo much more interesting to me.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
skr00zloose said:
hehehe, i've been called worse, it's ok.

actually, that particualr bike wouldn't be too hard to build, but it would be pretty time consuming. i've seen a cr motor in a hawk frame before, that's kinda what made me want one, but i wanted to do it my way, his vibrated like crazy, i wanted to see if i could do it better, and 'fighter it.

yeah, i'm on CU, though i haven't been on there much since i sold that lil rigid framed bobber i built. choppers are nice, i'll build another one someday, but 'fighters are soooo much more interesting to me.

I have a gs500 e, and a kx 500 :nuts: ...............HUH ?????

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
catman said:
I have a gs500 e, and a kx 500 :nuts: ...............HUH ?????

DO IT!! gs's are soooo easy to work with, an a kx500 would be all kinds of fun in it. i put an rd400 (older version of a banshee 4 wheeler motor, for those not familiar with it) motor in one for a guy a long while back, it was a screamer.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^i'll see if i can find one thru the salvage network at work tomorrow... let me know your price range. obviously as cheap as poss.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
yeah man, cheeap is good. running or not, no big deal, as long as the bottom end is good.

·
is a hustler on 2 wheels.
1,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts