Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, with my bike being nearly stripped i am now looking at what to refit etc..

my question is about what are direct swaps or minimal work for a newbie.

my bike is the 1990 gsxf600 or katana and i am looking at fork and swing arm swaps.

I quite like the look of usd forks from a bike with a top yoke ready for renthal bars.

I would like the option for a slightly wider rear wheel, but not massively important.

Also may be in need of a new tank so if anyone knows of any that are a close fit as a gsxf one over here in uk is pretty hard to find it seems.

Sorry about all the possibly dumb questions but whilst i have spent the last week or more reading endless members projects, i still am in the learning stages so may be missing the obvious!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
front end wise you can use older inverted gsxr 70 forks but i think they are shorter so you may have to use cbr 954 drop triples. srad forks would work to which means any gsxr fork on up would work but you would need to get a bearing set from all balls to make it fit.

not really sure about the swingarm. i have seen b12 arms done but it takes some modification.

but look through projects of the same era bike to see what they have put on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts