Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let remind everyone to please read the rules pretaining to our "Fighter Of The Month" contest before you decide to enter your bike. The admin team here has gotten a pot of messages over the years asking why their post was deleted and why they didn't qualify. Believe me when I say that none of us like deleting your entries. We just have to per the rules. We don't play favorites but at the same time were not out to piss anyone off. Honestly we would love it if every month we had 40 legit entries and it was so hard for y'all to decide what bike to choose that it kept you up at night.

I'm not going to rattle off all the rules but here is a link to the FOTM rules, posted in the 2015 subforum so its fresh in everyone's minds for UE new year. If you gave any questions or problems regarding FOTM, please message Eatabullet, myself or anyone else on the admin team here. This is Eatabullets show but were all here to help out as a team. Thank you for taking the time to read this and best of luck to all of you with your future entries.

Here's the link to the FOTM rules:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4805

By the way, can someone please hyperlink that for me? Looks kinda unprofessional but I'm doing this from my tablet and can't remember now to embed, thanks.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Good shout Mark, clarity is good but that thread is a bit all over the place. Hasn't Noah got it covered with his usual:

"Same old rules though:
Include 4-8 pics. Decent lighting and resolution.
List the mods and any info about the bike.
Note the pic you would like to be used for voting.
Include a name for the bike, if you want.

It must be your bike, and you must have at least 50 posts.

Voting goes up on the 21st, or as close as I can get to the 21st.

All non entry posts, and posts that do not meet the requirements will be deleted"

That is pretty clear, there's basically 2 rules! I've seen a few less-than-50 entries taken down this year, that seems clean-cut enough. And a couple of other entries, one from a guy who wrote the bike off several years ago and another who doesn't own the bike anymore. Neither of those guys can really claim the bike is theirs, at least not theirs now. There's no prizes, it's a friendly comp, preferably for contributing and active members, if you can't even meet those 2 basic requirements you probably ain't that. Mods should have the last call on these things, most long term CF'ers know the score and will usually call people out themselves and/or i'm sure will back you up as required.

Keep on keeping on. :rock:

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
I think the main problem is everybody has a different definition of what "your bike" is

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
If you can't tell the difference between what's yours and what isn't, no matter if it previously was, you're probably going to get in trouble for stealing.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
^Hah!

I think the main problem is everybody has a different definition of what "your bike" is
And that's cool. But just because they think something doesn't stop 'em being wrong.

-yours
(yo͝orz, yôrz)
pron. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
1. Used to indicate the one or ones belonging to you:

-yours
pronoun, singular or plural in construction \ˈyu̇rz, ˈyȯrz\
Definition of YOURS
: that which belongs to you

-yours
[yoo rz, yawrz, yohrz]

pronoun
(a form of the possessive case of you used as a predicate adjective):
Which cup is yours? Is she a friend of yours?
that which belongs to you:
Yours was the first face I recognized.

Ie. If some guy gave you money and you gave them the bike and they consider it "theirs" or the insurance company now has possession of it, or it resides in a scrap yard, it ain't yours. You have to draw a line somewhere. If you only sold it last week, last month.... 10 years ago, could you still enter? Nah.

But let's not make a mountain out of this molehill, i must have seen this happen less than half a dozen times in the 4 years or so i've been hanging around. It's pretty straightforward, and if someone gets it wrong, someone will point it out them. It's then on them not to be a little bitch about it. It's sad if the Mods are getting people complaining after their post is removed, but it's hard to explain the concept much more simply.

We probably shouldn't care so much since it's "just for fun" but by that measure, if a person can't be bothered to get 50 (preferably non-spam) posts under their belt on CF then why should they care if they can enter a comp on here that offers no "prize". As for "not theirs", well i can understand their pride in what they made, but it's not their bike anymore, and we've got to have some ruling on it.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Don't get me wrong I totally agree but I can see at least some validity in the argument that its still MY build even if I sold the bike.
If "you" wanted to win FOTM then "you" should have entered the bike before it was sold. Easy as that.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Don't get me wrong I totally agree but I can see at least some validity in the argument that its still MY build even if I sold the bike.
But this isn't custombuilders.com. That's the problem I think is the root of everything. This is a site for Street Fighter enthusiasts, who by in large are a DIY crowd, but not professional custom bike builders. If by calling it your "build", you're calling it yours, then we need to decided what is and isn't a build. If I can't weld, is the custom sub-frame on my bike "mine"? Personally I don't do fab or paint work. But I probably put more miles on than a most. Am I less of a Fighter enthusiast? Does my bike not belong in FOTM? It's all very ambiguous.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let remind everyone to please read the rules pretaining to our "Fighter Of The Month" contest before you decide to enter your bike. The admin team here has gotten a pot of messages over the years asking why their post was deleted and why they didn't qualify. Believe me when I say that none of us like deleting your entries. We just have to per the rules. We don't play favorites but at the same time were not out to piss anyone off. Honestly we would love it if every month we had 40 legit entries and it was so hard for y'all to decide what bike to choose that it kept you up at night.

I'm not going to rattle off all the rules but here is a link to the FOTM rules, posted in the 2015 subforum so its fresh in everyone's minds for UE new year. If you gave any questions or problems regarding FOTM, please message Eatabullet, myself or anyone else on the admin team here. This is Eatabullets show but were all here to help out as a team. Thank you for taking the time to read this and best of luck to all of you with your future entries.

Here's the link to the FOTM rules:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4805

By the way, can someone please hyperlink that for me? Looks kinda unprofessional but I'm doing this from my tablet and can't remember now to embed, thanks.
The NEW Official Fighter of the Month Rules!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts