• THIS ROXXXX

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • THIS IS A NO-NO

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I am in the process of turning an ol' softie (Suzi SV1000) into a fun week-end warrior machine, and would appreciate any feedback from the forum.

I have a webpage idea I am sorta floating, where it is gonna be like a picture blog of current progress on the project.

You can check it out here:

http://72.41.238.69/dasler_slingshot.html

I think the SV Thou is a tad underated as a serious contender for a Streetfighter tool.. But Hell...It's Son Of The Mighty TL aint it!

Thats why my baby is called a TL2 996R SlingShot. Not SlingShot Like in Mikuni Carbs, Just the way it cannons out of bends under power like that sorta SlingShottin'

Respect Bro's BB

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,719 Posts
I think that sv's are great bikes and have tons of potential as streetfighters. they are sharp looking and performing bikes.

among the list of mods that i've seen most people update the suspension first, since that is one of the things that suzi cheaps out on to save on cost of making the sv's.

great project and be sure to keep us posted!

ps. i like the fibre background to your website ;)

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
SV's are awesome, I love them. The new SV1000s are wicked looking from the factory...add an Ixil underseat exhaust and they look spectacular!

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:cfrocks:

Hi Spaz.

Looks Like There is a big thread goin on abt Flat Black...

So Far I only use it on odds 'n ends. I used to go for all black bikes, but now-a-days I think higher visibility is a safer bet if ya get my drift?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,719 Posts
that sv could use a bigger swingarm...thing looks wimpy.

im thinking....gsxr 1000??

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
929_adam said:
that sv could use a bigger swingarm...thing looks wimpy.

im thinking....gsxr 1000??
Ahhh!!! Righty.

Hi There 929 Adam. Man There is so much to do with this bare canvas....Hell I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

Sure I will be looking at cycle parts and stuff like ultra-lite weels and Ohlins somewhere down the line..But...

Today I received (undamaged) by contract carrier, the new nose-cone fairing I ordered...Hey rem this bit is abt the aesthitics man.

I stripped out the original unit then checked out what would be the best way to go abt fitting.

I got a Raptor universal twin head lamp unit in chrome, and offered up, it looks the absolute Dogs Bollox.

I'll post a pic and "easy way" step by step tome with what I do to get this on to a stock Naked SV incase any other SV Dudes wanna use the idea too.

You call my bike wimpy one more time and I Keeel Ya... lol

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
lol excellent...ya gotta defend your baby's honour! Pics definitely must be posted on the raptor lights though!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,719 Posts
hahaha. arite. post up some pics!

:ttiwwop:

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
929_adam said:
hahaha. arite. post up some pics!

:ttiwwop:
Ok Bud...I fully understand and agree with that!

Hey, was only joshin' ya abt the wimp thing, but I reckon a lot of SV riders harbour a lil' ol' machine inferiority complex.

I think it began when the first 650's started mixing it with bigger jap 4's after the owners took a lot of stick about the SV being a bit of a Girly bike...I know I wuz thet Soldier....:LolLolLolLol:

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Endo! 929 Adam has finaly jogged me into action to post some pics. I don't have a digi-cam handy so I have done this as a "before" shot using a catalog pic of the SV.

This fairing is available on the net in a range of colours (and carbon fibre) but I've got it in chrome and it looks exceedingly cool!

I'll post real pics very soon:)

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It all started when the madness took over me and I was hankering for a light weight Week-End Warrior to share the stable with the Big Daddy 130bhp K1200RS

after hunting dealers and classifieds, I found this lil' Peach on E-bay

They were livin' happily side by side until......

Awwww...The Power of The Lil' Woman...Hell she almost treated me like I was runnin' a couple o' Mistresses...She Won...Beemer Nil

:nuts: Geddit..:evilred:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,719 Posts
BB_DASLER said:
Awwww...The Power of The Lil' Woman...Hell she almost treated me like I was runnin' a couple o' Mistresses...She Won...Beemer Nil

dammit man. thats another one on the old man vs woman chalkboard for them!

:wtf:

hahha. i knew you just bustin about the wimpy bike thing...we dont take much very personally on these boards (thank god or id be gettin a whole lot of shit). . . and i only meant the swingarm looked wimpy anyway, haha not the whole bike.

i like sv's. and whoever says they suck compared to the inline 4cyl 600s, prawly cant even ride that 600 well enough to know how fast either bike is or can be (besides on teh highway or in a straitline)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.