Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls! My name is Jordan, and I run a metal art and fabrication shop called Kern Creations. I have always been interested in custom bikes, and street fighters are my favorites. So I recently picked up this beauty....

She is a 92 Kawasaki ZX600, and will be receiving my own special brand of modification. So stay tuned for new info! And until then, here's a look at some of my other work!

And one of my favorite pieces...

A metal art scorpion (still in progress). The scorpion is a big part of my style and interests, and will be a big part of this build. That being said, I can't wait to share more with you guys and create an awesome bike!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New guy, first build, heavy on fabrication

Thank you, I look forward to sharing. Most parts will be hand made, though I think I will keep the stock gas tank (i love the lines) to update it and modernize it.

This is a brake lever that I build for a different bike, I may reuse the idea or start from scratch with a new plan. I'm looking forward to getting behind the mask and making something cool!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks! It's an 89 Firebird, 56k miles, 5 speed 305, bone stock. I have a 383 striker with a 671 blower built to the gills I thought about dropping into it, but that's a project for another day (and I would hate tearing apart that car!).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yea, I'm not sure that the third gen is worth the work it would take to handle that engine. And it's an awesome summer daily driver, so I am thinking about waiting to get a first or early second gen f body to stuff the striker into haha. And thank you! The art is fun, but I wouldn't have ever started welding if it weren't for bikes, so it's nice to bring it full circle and do a full bike build. More of the art is on my Facebook page www.facebook.com/kerncreations if you wanted to see more! Thanks.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well, I had planned to work on the ZX today, but instead I headed out to my parent's house. So I figured I would show off a few of my other projects...

Here's that 383 stroker, coming together but still not done....

Suzuki GS750 Cafe Racer build. Still working on the motor work, but it's fun!
This is my Harley Davidson SS250 frame, a bit of work to restore this beast.

This is the tank of a "zombie bobber" that my tattoo artist wants... It's a zombie theme, the gas tank here is made from scratch, 16g steel, plated with copper sheet with "scab" welds to look like a diseased zombie heart, then covered in bronze veining.

This is the "psychobilly deathtrap". A nice little mini bike set to take an alcohol powered go kart engine.

And my favorite... My old Indian that my father and I restored a few years ago... And the best part?

·
Registered
222 Posts

love the metal work, more on the indian:shocker:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you! Yea, that Indian is an awesome little bike. Funny story, actually.... The guy who originally bought it dumped it at 13 miles on the way home with the bike. It was tossed out behind his barn for years until the guy passed away, at which point a friend of my father found it and bought it off of the widow. Unfortunately for him, though, this was one bike more than his wife would allow him to have, so he was told it had to go as there was no more room in the kitchen (the garage and living room were both full of bikes). So my father bought it, and we worked to clean it up and get it running again over the course of a year. Once I kicked it over and we took it for the first ride, my father tossed me the keys and told me it was mine. Now I take it out about once a year, and start it about once a month.

·
Registered
222 Posts

man that lil bike is cool. Do you sell those lighted butterfly wall decorations?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

man that lil bike is cool. Do you sell those lighted butterfly wall decorations?
Thank you! I love that little bike. And yes, I do sell the lighted butterflies. Shoot me a pm here or on the Facebook page if you're interested!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

So I stripped off all of the crap that I will not be reusing from the zx today, and she looked so pretty I just had to roll her outside and get some pictures (for reference as well as just because)...

This whole rear section will be rebuilt from .063 6061 aluminum sheet on an aluminum subframe.

I can't wait to start on the facelift. Again, it will be all aluminum sheet metal work, I just haven't finalized a design yet....

I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty on this one. Now that I have the bike stripped down I can start figuring out my layout and design for the body work. Time to start getting serious about planning!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'm definitely ready, and cannot wait.

I think I'm going to make a fender after work today.

·
Registered
32 Posts

sweet build! I think those forks are a great candidate for my 454, do you have measurements on em or any more pics?
i like the look of the style on this build, very nice buddy!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

sweet build! I think those forks are a great candidate for my 454, do you have measurements on em or any more pics?
i like the look of the style on this build, very nice buddy!
I'll take a look tomorrow and get some measurements for you, and some pictures. Anything in particular that you would like as far as measurements or pictures?

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to build a fender after work last night. I had a customer request for a quick rose, so I turned this out instead...

I'm hoping to crank out my fender/chain guard on wednesday or Thursday now. Unfortunate change of timing and scheduling, but hey... That's a few more days to plan out the build!

·
Registered
42 Posts

Beautiful art work! I'm a huge fan of fabricators and have always looked at them as true artists so I'm glad to see one turning out real pieces of work. I can't wait to see what you end up doing with this bike as I think you have pretty good taste so far. Good luck with the upcoming project.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts