Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one bike out there that you could/would buy and be happy with, without having to do any major work to it??

Today I finally looked at a superduke 1290 in person and I think it's almost perfect. needs a pipe, levers and tail tidy but other than that I wouldn't really mess with it.

Sadly $25,000au is ridiculous, no matter how awesome it is!!

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Is there one bike out there that you could/would buy and be happy with, without having to do any major work to it??
QUOTE]

NO WAY MAN!!!! That's why we're all here!!!! No matter what bike you throw up in this thread, there will almost always be someone with a better idea on how to make it faster and a little easier on the eyes.

Buuuuttttt the only bike that I personally would leave close to stock would be a Harley FLHX. It's a bike I've had my eyes on that just looks good as is. and with a 103 ci. motor, theres not too much of an issue with power. Just a Nice all out cruiser.

All of the sportbikes just look kinda cheap with plastic, and I feel some try too hard to be streetfighters, but then jack the price up beyond what some care to pay for, or afford.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I lust after a BMW s1000rr. Gonna be my graduation gift. I can see myself leaving it stock, more power than I can tame , so no need to do power upgrades.chopping it would be pointless to me.

Reactions: bonez8

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
There has always been a soft spot in my heart for the newer generation of naked bikes. Hyper sports engines in minimal chassis' with wicked suspension bits. Sure is a departure from the days of the Bandit 1200 and the overweight bikes that were supposed to be competition (*ahem ZRX*)...

For me the question comes down to, "If there was a circumstance that meant you couldn't build a bike from the ground up, you could only manage to change a few things, what bike would you want to begin with.". Used to be the MV Brutale, but the new Ducati Monster 1200 has my knee's weak and my palms sweating like a first time sexual experience!! :D

^^Somehow, I could find a way to live with that.^^

:D:D:D

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Any of those, plus tons other (partial to BMWs). There's plenty enough beat up / worn out / damaged bikes that actually benefit from modification out there, don't need to look for flaws in new stuff that still works fine.

Currently the F800 and K1300 are on my lust list. Neither is especially fighter-ish, just good all around bikes (IMO).

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Ducati Streetfighter, minus the headlight, belly pan, exhaust......so, I guess my answer is no. I don't like being next to a bike that looks exactly like mine. It just feels awkward. No idea how to explain it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The new super duke, S1000R naked, or that Monster 12 I think I could live with pretty much bone stock. They look great, have completely overkill performance, and come with great components right out of the box. Maybe a tail tidy and slip-on to get rid of the huge stock cat/muffler boxes, other than that, I'm not sure you could improve it in any meaningful way.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Buell Xb12s

Newer Monsters (2009+?)

MAYBE street Triple.... but it'd need the front end fork mounted instead of frame mounted.

2nd gen SV650n.... though that's begging for more work, I like it pretty close as is.

The FZ09 is a possibility.

Not to say I wouldn't tweak any of these with tid-bits, bolt-ons, etc.... but none need "custom" work to live with imo. But yes... I don't like anything to be exactly like someone else's... but mirrors, exhaust, levers, maybe some key detailing (vinyl wrap or paint)... enough to stand out a bit.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ducati Streetfighter, minus the headlight, belly pan, exhaust......so, I guess my answer is no. I don't like being next to a bike that looks exactly like mine. It just feels awkward. No idea how to explain it.

I'm with you, its almost like showing up to a party wearing the exact same clothes as someone else, i guess thats more for women but same concept. I'm partial for the duke also though

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I want a s1000rr
But there would still be a few changes to make it stand out..

Just cannot leave anything stock
And move it more into my fooked up taste...lol

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
new 600cc sportbike with no fairings totally stripped and built up light as possible.

but yea, new 2012+ ZX10R and BMW are 205mph bikes when modded. some guy did 212 on a stock motor 1000RR @ the texas mile.

actually i'm thinking my time with boilers is coming to an end if i don't go turbo.

Reactions: bonez8

·
Registered
28 Posts
Old thread I know but I would like to say the 1290 is a perfect bike stock, its actually one of the first bikes I have owned that you can walk around & think.......what can I actually do to it???
Apart from some basic visual stuff, I removed the orange decals & changed the levers but overall there really is nothing that needs to be changed

For a naked bike that you want to actually ride fast it is perfect, the visual stuff aside I couldnt really care, I am not really into building a showbike to hopefully be complemented on im more into actually riding than worrying about what others think

·
10,743 Posts
Old thread I know but I would like to say the 1290 is a perfect bike stock, its actually one of the first bikes I have owned that you can walk around & think.......what can I actually do to it???
Apart from some basic visual stuff, I removed the orange decals & changed the levers but overall there really is nothing that needs to be changed

For a naked bike that you want to actually ride fast it is perfect, the visual stuff aside I couldnt really care, I am not really into building a showbike to hopefully be complemented on im more into actually riding than worrying about what others think
you'll be in a minority here, we like the visual , Custom fighters, clues in the name, not much of anything most of us can do to make stock bikes ..... better to ride.... suspension and lightweight wheels etc of course , but that's more upgrades than modifications some might say, and I for one am not good enough to need them, still like to have them mind.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I totally get what you are saying & I have been there, nearly every bike can be changed up & modified to make into something unique & special but you get to a point where you sort of get tired of it I guess, all the money you spend & all the effort, sure it makes you feel good to achieve your goal & be able to ride it down the road but then you turn the corner & there is something that absolutely out does everything you could possibly do to your ride pretty much....& they bought it & rode it straight off the showroom floor like that

1 - 20 of 28 Posts