Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one needs to do a track day here and there, do they need to be an AMA member?

I thought I read somewhere that if you want to race, you need to be a member. Personally, the amount of $ they charge, I'd like more benefits.

I think I pay $40 a year for AAA, I get towed for 150 miles for free, they change my tire, discounts on hotels..etc

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Yea, if your gonna get your racing licence and race in ama then you will have to be a member !!
You DO NOT have to be a member of anything to participate in any track days I've heard of !! :ninja:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
if you're gonna enter ama races, you have to be a member, if it's another organization (wera, ccs, nesba, etc) then you just have to go by their guidelines. for races, you'll probably have to get a liscence for that organization, for track days, usually you just have to sign up, pay your fees, and pass tech. they usually put you in a beginner group if you've not gotten much track time, sometimes they'll have a small classroom session, etc. as you get faster, and prove you're not gonna kill yourself, the track marshals will let you move up to faster groups.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
To race in the AMA, you need to be a member, but other than that, you don't need to. Track days do not require AMA membership, nor do racing clubs like Were or CCS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts