Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so blasting down the freeway last night and i'm thinking to myself damn the bandito is sounding amazing right now so i just kept hitting the gas, a few romps over 100 and the then i pull off to head back home and still sounding good but fuck it was loud i looked down and this had happened

it looked much worse on the road it had slid back almost all the way through the strap which thanks to the po is a piece of plumbing strap and vibrates like a mf and im sure that is what caused my problem to begin with. it also wore a hole through the carbon from the mount rubbing it

now i just plan on cutting like half and inch off drilling new holes but my question is does anybody know the size of the rivets on a yoshi rs-3, what i could put in the inside of the pipe to cover the small hole ( under the strap you shouldnt see it anyways) and also where i could get a proper strap cuz ive been looking high and low since i got the bike but still no luck ive done everything short of just calling up yoshimura.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Rivet gun comes with different sized ribbons. Afraid thats a typical problem with carbon cans though. You could try a rubber exhaust mount strap.

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rivet gun comes with different sized ribbons. Afraid thats a typical problem with carbon cans though. You could try a rubber exhaust mount strap.
damn so this could happen again, i see yosh has sleeve replacement kits for 70 bucks with everything i need except for the damn hanger. i guess i could just firgure something out but i really want the yosh strap

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stubby it....will sound sweet.
I've thought about it but this is my daily I don't have a car so I have to listen to it all the time and I work third shift and don't want to wake anybody up plus I don't want to loose any of those torques lol...

Metal strap it a good idea I think it will be plan b but I had a really awesome idea to go strapless I'm gonna work on that tomorrow I'll get some pics up when its done but I still need some idea to seal the hole and I think its leaking at the header to mid pipe connection...the r6 pipe I had had what looked like a lead gasket does this use anything like that and is it a dealer part?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I bought some exhaust putty and packed it in everywhere I felt a leak... Lazy and cheap, but its held up so far.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Cut @ inches off and then re drill holes. Carbon Fibre gets old and Brittle. those Banditos sound good with a Stubby Carbon Pipe. I had a Scorpion on my first Bandito. Chopped to 7 inches and it was a Monster

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
now i just plan on cutting like half and inch off drilling new holes but my question is does anybody know the size of the rivets on a yoshi rs-3,
I drilled & tapped them to M6x10 and replaced them with SS button head screws.

Makes repacking easier.

After drilling & tapping I discovered I could only get the screws in a 50 pack, but it was $10 on the interwebs, Could have done them in 1/4-28 and got the screws locally but I like metric.

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drilled & tapped them to M6x10 and replaced them with SS button head screws.

Makes repacking easier.

After drilling & tapping I discovered I could only get the screws in a 50 pack, but it was $10 on the interwebs, Could have done them in 1/4-28 and got the screws locally but I like metric.
damn why didnt i think of that lol

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
If it's a round can, you can reclock it. It's a 3-bolt flange so you have 2 more positions you can rotate the inlet to, instead of trying to get the rivets out of those stupid blind holes.

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its an oval but I actually got the rivets out and holes tapped and back together today but I still gotta finish the mount I'm working on with my dad... he's a jeweler and use to working with small bits of aluminum so it should be done this week I'll update when it is it should look pretty good

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts