Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

about lost my yoshi

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  81cm400c 
#1 ·
so blasting down the freeway last night and i'm thinking to myself damn the bandito is sounding amazing right now so i just kept hitting the gas, a few romps over 100 and the then i pull off to head back home and still sounding good but fuck it was loud i looked down and this had happened

it looked much worse on the road it had slid back almost all the way through the strap which thanks to the po is a piece of plumbing strap and vibrates like a mf and im sure that is what caused my problem to begin with. it also wore a hole through the carbon from the mount rubbing it

now i just plan on cutting like half and inch off drilling new holes but my question is does anybody know the size of the rivets on a yoshi rs-3, what i could put in the inside of the pipe to cover the small hole ( under the strap you shouldnt see it anyways) and also where i could get a proper strap cuz ive been looking high and low since i got the bike but still no luck ive done everything short of just calling up yoshimura.

See less See more
#7 ·
I've thought about it but this is my daily I don't have a car so I have to listen to it all the time and I work third shift and don't want to wake anybody up plus I don't want to loose any of those torques lol...

Metal strap it a good idea I think it will be plan b but I had a really awesome idea to go strapless I'm gonna work on that tomorrow I'll get some pics up when its done but I still need some idea to seal the hole and I think its leaking at the header to mid pipe connection...the r6 pipe I had had what looked like a lead gasket does this use anything like that and is it a dealer part?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Cut @ inches off and then re drill holes. Carbon Fibre gets old and Brittle. those Banditos sound good with a Stubby Carbon Pipe. I had a Scorpion on my first Bandito. Chopped to 7 inches and it was a Monster

#13 ·
now i just plan on cutting like half and inch off drilling new holes but my question is does anybody know the size of the rivets on a yoshi rs-3,
I drilled & tapped them to M6x10 and replaced them with SS button head screws.

Makes repacking easier.

After drilling & tapping I discovered I could only get the screws in a 50 pack, but it was $10 on the interwebs, Could have done them in 1/4-28 and got the screws locally but I like metric.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.