Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
take the tail off my bike and im going to go buy a rubbermaid brand plastic storage container, flat black it, and then cut a triangle out of it to fit on the sides of the lil 250 just as big as the rear triangle....

figure out something for a tail light, extreme poor mans custom tail haha:party-smiley: soon as i get this cast off my leg that is, been sittin here commin up with some crazy ideas....

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I actually quite like it without the plastics, as is. Very Monster-esque.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just woried about the fuses being exposed and i have the coolant tank on the other side to cover up, but i can always do a jolt cola can mod!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
True enough...that big blocky triangle detracts so much from your bike IMO.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Green Lantern said:
get clear plastic to cover it up
so you can still see the guts but have the protection

wow, thats an awesome idea! woohoo, them storage bins come in clear too! :cfrocks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
you can get strips of LED's for taillights. just mount one up to the end of your subframe and vois las!

taking off that tail piece makes it look much better IMHO..just a tad shorter, and a whole lot tougher.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, skr00zloose... i stole the pipe off your old bike (via photoshop)
its digitally on mine now, heres a very poorly photoshoped version of storage container tail and underseat exhaust, if i do this ill put an led taillight in the grab bar there

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
doesnt cutting the tupperware into the same shape as the original defeat the purpose of taking it off??? looks like you just sprayed the stocker black.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
taking the stocker off cuts down about 4-5 inches off the back of the bike. see in the 1st pic up top where the tail light sticks way out and the tail doesnt come to a point it is a rectangle. and makes room for the muffler, i might do some clear, i havent decided yet

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
bcc423 said:
well, skr00zloose... i stole the pipe off your old bike (via photoshop)
its digitally on mine now, heres a very poorly photoshoped version of storage container tail and underseat exhaust, if i do this ill put an led taillight in the grab bar there

sweet. that looks sooo much better. just make sure you have enough room for the suspension to go thru all it's travel without the tire hitting the pipe. it wouldn't be hard to make that tail out of fiberglass, though i've never seen anyone make body panels out of tupperware, it might could work perty good.

just a thought, and only because i'm picky about lines, but if you roll the edge to meet the front of the tank edge, it cleans up the look of the tail a bit, i.m.o.

like i said, just a thought.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skr00zloose said:
just a thought, and only because i'm picky about lines, but if you roll the edge to meet the front of the tank edge, it cleans up the look of the tail a bit, i.m.o.

like i said, just a thought.
yea, that looks great, try and follow the line on the bottom edge or the tank.
-green lantern, thats the smallest i can make the tail and still cover the frame in the very back

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
You have an SV shock in there right? Whats your weight?

I know theres not too much room under the tail on the 250's, what you have in mind looks sweet no doubt, but I'd be really careful about clearance with a pipe under there. You might need to cut the muzzy shorter too. You might not be able to take passengers without bottoming the wheel on the pipe. Just because of the 250s natural ride hieight and crappy suspension. I welded a 3/4" extension on the EX500 shock I have in my 250 and I'd be leary of putting an undertail on it.

The the only thing I don't like about muzzys on 250's, is they don't mount on the right angle, they're too long, and they're too big around for the size of bike. I'm still dying to find an old kerker or yoshi for mine.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya, i got the sv650 shock on there, but there's still not room, i had it all apart and there isnt enough riim between the master cylinder and s-arm, or betwenn master cyl. and frame...:mad:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Just curious, All the SV guys are getting rid of their rear shocks. Is the SV shock better for your bike than it would be for SV's.

I did hear the Ninja 250's work better with the SV shock.

Ironic that the Ninja 250 gets the SV shock while the SV's go for the Ninja 636 shocks. Sometimes these companies should listen to their riders and change up according to what their riders are doing.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
The stock 250 suspension is junk all the way around. WAY too soft for anything but a commuter bike. Since its not adjustable, anyone who wants to have some REAL fun on the bike will swap in either an EX500 shock (direct fit), SV shock (some fenagling required), or an older zx6 shock. They alow for adjustable suspension in the rear. The SV is the only one that really raises the ride height any noticable amount.

Fact is that the 250 is primarily a begginer bike. And begginers rarely concern themselves with quality of suspention. So. I guess kawi figures they will leave the suspension alone and keep the price tag low.

Then theres guys like me who love the 250 and have so much sentiment for it that it becomes deffinatly worth the $100 it would cost for a rear suspention upgrade and a set of progressive fork springs. ...though I'd still dream of an RS125 front end...

You can't beat the 250 for $3k worth of fun:D

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I hear ya. The SV is a budget bike and they skimpt on the suspension as well. At least for my weight, it's crapola. Not really bad but bad enough. When I'm in a curve and I see a crack in the road, I wonder if the rear is just gonna go out from under me. And here in the city, there's alot of bad cracks, potholes and other great obsticles on corners.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts