Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so some pics of my volt meter, speedo, 12v outlet, net book(ive ordered a touchscreen interface so to ditch the keyboard), and front camera

Attachments

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
oh wow

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Thats a lotta stuff mate ,you put all that on there and wired it allin?

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my Infra red array before i housed it, my new tachometer in the works, im waiting for some led bar driver ics(i sold the last one on ebay), and a led bar for the new tach, pre casing

Attachments

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a lotta stuff mate ,you put all that on there and wired it allin?
the sigma is self powered. evrything else runs on 12 volts. the pc runs off an inverter, and the fused circuit the 12v outlet is on has a solar panel to suppliment the battery. i may add a smaller 12v battery and seperate that circuit from the rest of the bike

·
Playing Pelvic Penuckle!
2,572 Posts
it's a bread board....it's like using twist ties from garbage bags to make a wire harness...there is more effieient ways of doing it. plus you have random parts placed in it. your diodes and resistors are not even properly terminated. and the DIP chip. with the F$#K is that for?

btw I am a micro electrician, and I detect your asshole is jealous of your mouth with all the shit that comes out of it.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
um.... ok buddy. those are the components i have so far, stored on a breadboard to keep them seperate seeing that i have at least 20 of each besides the IC, a LM2917N to control the 2 LM3914N's. i am fully aware of and use multiple kinds of perf board, burn my own pcbs, and design my own electrics. sheesh. so much negativity. no wonder i snapped. i said clearly "my new tachometer in the works".

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
hey bud if it makes you feel better. I don't have any of this shit on my bike because it's as far over my head as the blue sky ;)

Smart for sure. Wrong a tiny bit? could be...i applaud you for diving into such a complex projects

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
w...t...f...

I've built competitive race bikes with fewer gizmos lol

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tach components

Attachments

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
w...t...f...

I've built competitive race bikes with fewer gizmos lol
wtf... ive built fewer gizmos for competitive racebikes........

not really it just sounded funny :D

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
What the hell kind of data are you logging? I understand having a volt meter and a 12V socket but a netbook? What are you using it for?

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my arduino connects to the tachometer and records speed vs rpm, voltage, while cams record side, rear, or both. gps. like i said, riding is seperate from all the gadgets. they are there, but not monitored while i ride. afterwards

·
FUCKED UP AND IN FRONT
2,808 Posts
I applaud your effort man. At least you're DW which is more than I can say for myself these days. Although I do think you're installing all this stuff on the wrong bike. That beautiful little Honda needs to be stripped of all needless items to make it lighter and faster. All this stuff would be a better fit on something like a neon painted, stretched, chromed out bling machine like a Busa or something. Hopefully you don't take this as shit talking, cause I'm not man, I just think you're torturing that Honda and I'm sure it hasn't done anything to you to deserve the treatment it's getting. Don't be surprised when you walk in the garage and find that your bike hung itself from the rafters...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts