Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Acerbis Diamond Headlight in and wanted to put it on this weekend. I'm a little confused though on how to secure it to the bike though and hope you could help. Looking at the instructions its telling me to mount the light to the upper part of the fork legs which is fine. My question is with these rubber pieces. If I put it through the mounting holes on the light I dont see how the light wont fall off. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I'm just not that mechanical so i cant figure it out. Basically am I supposed to get this rubber piece to go all the way through the hole and if so, how do I do that - do I use some oil or WD40 to just squeeze it through? Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :Stupid:

·
GURU
445 Posts
The rubber rings go around your fork tubes. There should be tabs so the rubber parts stays attached to the light. I don't remember attaching them on mine, but I will check it out when I get home.

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats cool bro - appreciate the help coz I cant figure this shit out. I cant squeeze the rubber through at all - thats without oil or something. I might try to oil it up but it doesnt seem like it'll go through. I'll look out for your post. :drinks:

·
Registered
62 Posts
lube em up and squeez them in:LolLolLolLol: but really, oil them up and use some needlenose pliers to pull them thru the hole on the light

·
99 Posts
just pull the tabs through with a pair of needle nose and if you use a little dish detergent that should make it easy but rinse it off when your done..

and pull them through before you mount it to the bike

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks OMR and Banjaxed. I was gonna try that next but I'm gettin on my bike today for the first time in 3 weeks. Dropped it at like 5mph and busted the subframe, rearsets and radiator - lord. OMR - did you get the rearsets I sent to you? If so, did it have everything you need?

·
99 Posts
if you broke them that easy i think you need to cut your pegs down so they don't hit the ground when you crash .......

what kind of cage do you have

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A 905 - the newer ones. Bought it before I knew any better but its helped up pretty well and I've crashed a bunch of times learnin.

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forgot to add that I got the ESD stunt pegs though - not the stock pegs. Thats probably why it busted. Wasnt the peg that busted - I busted the loop that holds the screw that holds the peg if you know what i'm saying.

·
99 Posts
the esd pegs are awsome but you will need to cut them or your gonna keep breaking rear set although mine are alot stronger then stock

just cut an inch off the end and gently lay the bike over and see if the peg hits the ground

1 - 14 of 14 Posts