Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i got my gauges finally dumb mail man never told me the package was even at the post office good thing i checked any way i was lookin a the speedo hook up and well i looked at the magnet it cam with damn thing is a bolt haha threads and all i am used to the stick on ones how the hell am i supposed to mount the damn magnet to the wheel i aint drillin no hole thats for sure. i was thinkin of just hacksawin the damn bolt part offa nd then just taking some jb weld and puttin the magnet on the wheel

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I have no clue what you just said.

Withe the speedo pick up, I'm making a bracket out of 1/8inch alluminum and themagnets gets bolted into the rotor. I hope thats what you were inquiring about. If not, sorry.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow onto the rotor????

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rotor sounds hairy but a good idea

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah cause i mean a magnet on the rotor does sound like a good idea its nice and concealed but what the heck if that thing comes loose look out

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i just dont undestand where the fuckin thing goes on the rotor does it go through the rivet kinda thing that holds the disc to the rotor holder??

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
It goes wherever you can fit it where it's not going to slap the brake caliper or forks, Alberta.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea ill look at it today altho its farkin cold outside now

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I maintain that the best way is to mount the sensor on the fork and epoxy a strong magnet to the lip of the rim. The magnetic bolt they give you isn't that strong. I cut up a mechanic's pen (a magnet on a telescoping rod) from Matco tools (they make the strongest) and epoxied it to my rim.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i thought of just gettin a strong magnet from around town somewhere and jb welding it to the wheel

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah it will throw your balance off being on your rotor as well same shit still conected to your wheel

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
sanitys: Magnets are surprisingly light. Mine is still balanced up to 140 mph (haven't tested above) and I have two magnets on the wheel.

If it bothers you, have the wheel balanced. The front ain't so hard to get on and off!

alberta: I suggest epoxy instead of JB Weld for this purpose.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Yeah, it was just something that popped into my head, and wanted your guys opinion on it. I know they are light. but wheel weights are go from like what .5 oz to 3oz or some shit like that. Breaking away from the magnet question. What wire are you guys using for the + Clock wire?

haelo said:
sanitys: Magnets are surprisingly light. Mine is still balanced up to 140 mph (haven't tested above) and I have two magnets on the wheel.

If it bothers you, have the wheel balanced. The front ain't so hard to get on and off!

alberta: I suggest epoxy instead of JB Weld for this purpose.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
bike wheels are surprisinly insensitive to balance. two half ounce magnets didn't change any of the characteristics of my bike... I would put the magnet on, see if you have any vibrations... if you have vibrations from the wheel after that, slow down to where there are no vibrations and go home, get the wheel off, and get it balanced with the magnet on. DO NOT DRIVE SPEEDS WHERE THE VIBRATIONS ARE TANGIBLE FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts