Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some new rearsets to add to my current project without thinking how i was going to connect the linkages, so now i'm wondering how im going to do it! i have to believe there is an adapter our there somewhere to make it fit, seeing as though there are so many people doing it. But what is that piece, and what else do i need in addition to that? any help is appreciated!
pictures of my new one below

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump, also curious to know if anyone knows if the links from the site below are something along the lines of what i may need, they look like they may work but i cant find anything that might connect to the type of connector i have (my rearset link just has a threaded end that doesnt match up with anything on that site)
I'm sure once i figure this out i'm going to call myself stupid but i cannot for the life of me find the stuff i need!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
so ya need to connect tha end on your splined gearchange shaft to new shift lever end?

How about tha R/H rear brake setup? Problems there as well?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so ya need to connect tha end on your splined gearchange shaft to new shift lever end?

How about tha R/H rear brake setup? Problems there as well?
yep, and as cheaply as possible if i can! the only problem i have with my rear brake setup is a slight offset from the lever to the master cylinder, i might be able to just machine up a simple one for that.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
then a splined linkage with a threaded end is wot yer after ? One that fittsa CB900 and is a certain length.Post up that length mebee I or someone here has one ;)

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
I just put rear sets on my katana. I'm reusing the factory arm in the shift rod going into the trans. I had to get the right length shift rod to connect to the rear set. I'll post up pics once I get the shift rod to show what I did

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
then a splined linkage with a threaded end is wot yer after ? One that fittsa CB900 and is a certain length.Post up that length mebee I or someone here has one ;)
yeah i believe so, and i'll need to get mine mounted first to get the measurement, unless you mean the measurement of my current link rod?

I just put rear sets on my katana. I'm reusing the factory arm in the shift rod going into the trans. I had to get the right length shift rod to connect to the rear set. I'll post up pics once I get the shift rod to show what I did

Was the shift lever pivoted on the shift rod? because that's what the stock cb900f has, but i'm interested to see your set up, thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No it's not. It had a short rod between two pivot arms. Here is the new setup.

Ah okay there we go, that's exactly what i need! did you buy the rod, lever and rearsets as a whole or was there a site you bout the lever and rod from separate from the rearset? There were some on the site i supplied earlier, but $40 seems a bit too expensice.. looks like time for more research!

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
The rear set I bought from one of the guys here. The rod I bought from graves( they had the size I needed). The trans arm and rod end are stock on the katana. The rear set side I had to reuse the stock rod end. It was pressed into the stock foot shifter so I had to press it out. I also had to lengthen the stud on the rod end by welding about an inch of threads on it. It maybe such a thing that you have to find rod ends and rod from seprate places.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts