Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See my last build: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207401

This new bike will be truly immaculate. Using all of the errors and issues I ran into with the previous bike, the new bike will be built to a much higher standard.

The donor bike is a new 2015 Street Triple (swapping forks, so the front brakes being better on the R are useless)

With help from my friends at...

- Origin Fabrication & Precision Welding
- Kickass Powdercoating

The design plan:

How the bike was new / stock:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Located and ordered some 2016 Speed Triple tank emblems from my dealer. They had to get them from the UK.

They're about two weeks out and will be painted gloss black.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Sub'd. I want to see where you take this.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered a lightly-used Daytona 675R driver seat as my stubby seat. The tail is getting bobbed anyways, so I'll just try to get it to as OEM of a look as possible with it:

This will get wrapped with the same pecan leather as before.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So you sold one to make another exactly the same? TBF, the other turned out nice but i personally would of had a can on it and not straight piped and deffo not bobbed :) New choice of colour seems nice ( take it your sticking with the metallic brown? )

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you sold one to make another exactly the same? TBF, the other turned out nice but i personally would of had a can on it and not straight piped and deffo not bobbed :) New choice of colour seems nice ( take it your sticking with the metallic brown? )
Well, not exactly the same. Keep in mind I had a LOT of troubles with the first build, so many many learning experiences with this one that ensures similar errors won't be made again.

Think of it as a buggy website that you refresh and it loads perfectly.

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
That should be a very different color. I like it. It reminds me of the candy paints used in a lot of led sleds/kemps, though they were all just referred to as candy root beer. Just FYI That color always looks nice with an off-white/ cream accent.

I took a quick peek at the other build, I like the feel of it.

EDIT: here's just a quick google of a tank in a similar color

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think its the same sort of colour Yamaha used on the FJR. More of a bronze than brown with a heavy gold flake. Also didn't Suzuki used it for a limited time on the GSF1200? It's the sort of colour that has to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated. Good choice IMO, a cracking colour thats not used enough!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked up another Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap from Rider Discount. Same one I used on the last bike and was super impressed with.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No real updates right now. My painter had to take a month off to focus on a single car, so he's just now getting around to painting those tank emblems gold and smoking the tail light.

As for color, I came across Caspian Blue and it's pretty riveting with gold--almost Subaru STI ish, of sorts.

Considering doing this color for the tank instead of the Dark Bronze color opted for previously. Just thinking aloud here.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sourcing the bike now. Found a few leftover 2013s and 2014s within about a 6-hour drive. Talking prices with the dealers, so may go grab one this weekend.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picking up a new '15 with 10 miles on Saturday:

So let's get to work!

Galfer sent me a sample of their black brake lines with black fittings, and it's a damn nice product. They're going to build my custom lines, and I'm also going to get rotors from them--they aren't cheap. :frown2:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Autoglym makes some seriously good detailing products. I got wind they make silicone hose wipes for Samco, and found a good deal on them on eBay from the UK:

Since I'll be special ordering some Samco hoses, this will come in handy for keeping it showroom fresh!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh in general I'm just a fan of a deep blue like that and I think gold wheels look good on it. Though in thinking blue, black and silver for mine.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts