Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think I should do with this thing?

I'm thinking of cutting it right behind the two braces, right behind the pilot seat. I just don't know how it'd look.
The subframe is fucked anyway so it's not like it'd be a loss:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for kicks, here's what it actually looks like right now. I've got the mufflers off so I can see what it looks like with a shorty pipe and see what maximum-loud is so I can decide how much muffler I need.

I like how it looks. It ain't too loud so I might not need anything but a couple baffles.
Runs like ass though.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Advice I want is before I chop it off, anything you guys think I could do with it so it looked okay from behind? I'd really like to keep the rear seat and everything on, it just looks like absolute shit the way it is.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Your going with a camo paint right haelo ??

I think you should shape something for side tail pieces bolt them on and paint make it look like a tank all grey or green with fake rivot holes and shit and look like the camo is draped over like tank camo and netting ??

Givvin away my next paint idia ???
I think it would look tough !!!!:D

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm more interested in the rear-view of it. Right underneath the taillight it's just -empty-.

·
4,286 Posts
OK

How's about a set of those dangly down BALLS that hang from truck trailer hitches !!! :wtf: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

·
4,286 Posts
Sorry I'm bored and stoked at work !! :Stupid:

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Get rid of the grab handle, Make a fiberglass piece the covers the area behind the seat down to the support, cut the plastic side pieces off. After you do that, it should look a lot better.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Looks to me like you have 2 options:
1) go stubby, hack the subframe down and just leave your pilot seat. Instructions are pretty self explanitory, cut weld, and remount your light.

2) get a different tail fairing and make it fit. Anything would look better on a busa than a stock busa tail. Maybe a 929 tail or something. I don't think one with sharp lines would flow well with the busa tank, but I dunno.

Personally, if I were you, I'd go for a solo seat, and since you're doing something with the exhaust already, I'd route the exhaust up to come out under the seat and put on short slashcut cruizer style pipes. Then I would make a small fiberglass fairing to mate the seat to the pipes. Rerouting the pipes would be the tricky part though.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
SUb frames are cheap,
dont cut up the one you have put it away

either go with a new GIXER K6 thousand plastic, never seen it done and I think it would look cool,

those pipes need to go though in IMHO

hmmm if Id get my hands on that it wouldnt be like that for long thats for sure.

you was mentioning changing the swinger to a GIXER 6oo
dont do it, it needs the bracing, try and find a SRAD 750 swinger short as feck and has the bracing, and basicly the BUSA is of the same GEN, so every thing fits

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Cardboard and wire hangers are your friend. I use these alot to figure out the shape I'm looking for. Also, duct tape! Stubby could be cool if done right. I would deffinatly get a spare incase you don't like it or slip up. If you're serious about keeping the rear seat, think RC51 tail. Still has some curves to it but short and slender.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
im going to p.shop now. picture could be better but lets see what we can do with it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
quick chop. pic made it difficult but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Adam wins.

I don't care about the subframe. If I was going with something else, I'd throw it away, anyway, it's fucked. The back is all rusted to shit.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
OH! Actually, I just had a neat idea that would actually let you keep a pass seat. What about getting a one piece seat. Say, off a Monster, and move the pipes up along side the seat, Alla MT-O1. That could look cool and functional. Things that make you go huummm!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts