Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with a guy off CL who used to race GSXRs back in the 90's and He's got a lot of parts I could use for a 7/11 swap. Well, all the parts I'd need really. I'm not comfortable shelling out a lot of money at once so I could use yalls help here. Are these prices a really good deal for these parts:

-87 GSX-R 1100 engine. I can hear it run and even test ride the bike...if I could ride a ibke right now: $800

CDI box: $120

He also has an 04 GSXR 750 rear end and 2 racing headers for the 1100 engine but I didnt get prices on that. He said the more I buy the cheaper it gets. I'd LOVE to do a 7/11 build but if the engines good in my 750 I dont know if I can justify it for what He's asking. Then again if the engine is toast, a swap for a bigger engine is what I'd like to do. What do yall think? If I could get the engine, CDI, header and rear end for $1400 or $1500, is that an stellar deal?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Does theories have work done to it? How many mikes and what condition. He said he raced it that means it was ran a high Rpms for long periods of time. Try doing a compression test on it or leak down. If it's in perfect condition I'd say at the high end $800 but it's a 89 either way you look at it. I'd low ball him he's selling it for a reason so you can get him down.

I was 5 minutes late on getting a 89 gsxr1100 complete runner for $500 2 weeks ago. It was in good shape too.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
IMO, $800 seems a bit high if it's just for the engine. Now if he includes carbs, wiring harness, etc. might be a good deal. $120 for a CDI also sounds a bit ridiculous. There are two '89 Gsxr750 and a '91 Gsxr750 CDI right now on eBay for less than $85/shipped each.

You should be able to find a running (although not pretty) bike for not much more than the $1500 you're expecting to spend.

Again, this is just my $0.02.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
So does this mean my buddy won't be driving down from VA with a gsxr750 motor in his trunk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts