Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Not that New
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fighter is a GSXR1100M motor, 1100M suspension, CBR900 tank, 916 tailpiece, Busy with top yoke, MX bars will replace the clip-ons. 2 Pipes under the seat (on their way). A one off 38mm tube frame!!!! All work done at Scorch exhaust pipes. (My friends shop). Just working on it Saturdays...
I think it will be done in about 2-3 months time.. Its going to be paint Deep Black!
Let me know what you guys think of it… :knucks:

Attachments

·
Not that New
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kane

Because this is the first time I am building a frame, I use the 1100M frame and build a jig around that. Most of the Streetfighters use standard frames, so geometry is good for now. I did however bought Tony Foale`s programe, so I will play around with the geometry on my next frame... I wonder if someone can give me info on the standard spring rate etc. of the 1100M suspension I am using. Any info on the forks and back shock will help. You need a sh*t load of info to put in Tony Program...

PS. I am glad some of you guys like my prject so far.. Hard work...

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
nice project.
it looks AWESOME

I have a frame up project in the works right now... it'll be a while for mine though.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Looks great, I'd love to build my own frame at some point. Will you be using that swingarm or making another? I'm sure after making a frame making a sweet tubular swingarm would be fairly easy for you.

·
Not that New
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really want to build my own swing arm, but I want to use Alloy. Thing is.. I am sitting in Cape Town (South Africa) and no one knows about 7020 Alloy... Suppose I can use 6082, but everybody uses 7020. I will import the alloy, but not 250kg of it. (Minimum requirement from the mill in Italy.)…

I think this project will be one of those that will never be finish.
:rock::rock::knucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
any chance you can find the stuff in china??? might be cheaper for you (not sure tho)

<--- jealous... i love the build!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
stop now, remove the ducati tail and use something else please

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
stop now, remove the ducati tail and use something else please

hater....lol

j/k

bike looks sick. someday, when i grow up (ha... that'll happen) i'll get off my butt and make a frame jig.

·
Flip-Flop King
167 Posts
The only nastyness in the pictures is that swinger, and you plan to remedy it anyway. Beautiful so far man. You don't know anyone stateside or in the UK that would buy you some 7082 tubing and ship it over? Im sure they could get some from a fab shop.

·
Not that New
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some more updates…
First, I got rid of the clip-ons. I got some tapered (fat) motocross bars and some risers from the local shop. My friends at Scorch made a top yoke for me. The bike feels 10 times better with the motocross bars on. I know that most of you don’t like the round lights, but I want to build a classic streetfighter. That’s what I am going for…

Another thing I manage to finish is the exhaust pipe. Well I didn’t do it; my friends at Scorch have done a good job. We took some Devil headers and modified it a lot. I got these headers with my donor bike and it is still in a very good condition. Again, we looked at all the different places to put the can / cans. As you can see we went for two cans under the seat. I like it. Now it’s a 4-2-1-2 system.

I stripped the whole bike last weekend and now I am getting it ready for the painter. He recons it will take about 2 weeks to finish the job.

I will post some updates as soon as possible.

:knucks::knucks::knucks::knucks::knucks::knucks:

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
looks like the project is coming along nicely. you must be so excited. thanks for the update and keep the pics coming!!

:metal:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.