Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought myself an aftermarket oil cooler with braided hoses of eBay a while back and i was planning on fitting them at the end of winter as i didn't want to ruin it in this to be harsh weather. but unfortunately ive now got a hairline crack on my oil cooler so it needs replacing now as the oil leakage is just getting worse. the only problem is that the oil cooler didn't come with any instructions or anything just the parts you need. ive got a guy who is gonna weld two hinges on this grill as it didn't come with a mounting kit so that's one problem sorted but were do the bloody hoses go? i originally thought one would go in the clutch cover case but now im thinking they directly replace the original two hoses that are attached to the original grill and go to the sump is this correct and if so has anyone got any pictures of this or anyone fitted the same kit?

sorry for the nooby question but stuff like this messes with my head all day :doh:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Gs...49?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19e4cb3bbd

Attachments

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I've never fitted one but.... I'd personally fit it as a direct replacement. Replace your two original hoses with they two braided ones.
The problem with that is those new SS lines have AN fittings where as I don't think any motorcycles utilize those. I know none of mine do. I'll be running into the same issue when I go to replace mine. I would look into getting new SS lines that use the AN to connect to the cooler and whatever fitting is on your engine on the other end. Mine uses banjo sittings like on your brake lines. Check with www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com to see if thats even an option.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
There's places that will make custom lines anyway you want them done, and in any color.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help guys i done it today and it turns out it directly fits and replaces the origional hoses. you dont need bandjo bolts for this as it replaces the bolt that goes through the origional banjo bolt if that makes sense lol :D and thanks for the tip about using PAM to keep it clean as i am very OCD lol. im jus waiting for the grill to come back from the welder now. then i can check it fits:)

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
thanks for all the help guys i done it today and it turns out it directly fits and replaces the origional hoses. you dont need bandjo bolts for this as it replaces the bolt that goes through the origional banjo bolt if that makes sense lol :D and thanks for the tip about using PAM to keep it clean as i am very OCD lol. im jus waiting for the grill to come back from the welder now. then i can check it fits:)
elaborate? pics?

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Excellent! I hadnt thought of the size and pitch being the same. I wonder if thatll work on the oil lines on the bottom of my slingshot engine that connect to the oil cooler. I'd almost rather it have a banjo fitting or at least a 90 degree bend though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got the cooler back from the welder today and hes done an excellent job with it. i told him that i didnt needs those hindges that are sticking out and he straight away cut them off and welded it back up. it looks abit messy at this moment but im going to be hand polishing it in a couple of days but had to put it on the bike to check the fitting and its a perfect fit and the lines are very well placed but if i could of had more slack in the lines i would off because they seem abit to tight on the right side but im gonna see if i can position the hose better when i go to replace the oil filter later on :)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts