Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBCode (message boards & forums)

Here's my bandit picked it up with low miles for £1000 ugly as fuck thou! So the grinders comming out, and the wee mans gona show me how it's done!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

A rough idea of what I'm lookin for, I will glass the seat unit ti fit around the tank and make a better subframe outa stainless and use rose joints! I got a k6 gsxr usd front end so gota change out the stems.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Messing around with a bit of polishing at work, no sure if I will use this either but I got a lot of time on my hand when we are at sea.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Started cutting the frame I'm wanting the seat to look like its attached to the tank so I have tiged wee tags on to the frame to bolt the rose joint to and gota fill in the holes where the original frame was welded.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Inserts are in just cut and bent a bit of flat bar to suit, I will dress the welds up later.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This is her with the subframe made outa 20mm o.d stainless didn't make it look to bonnie, no ones gona see it one she's done, I will probably drill holes in it at some point to reduce the weight a bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Preped and painted the engine with enamil paint gona polish the casings at work.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Glassed it up to fit around the tank and cover the sub frame I will fill and smooth it off later.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Primed frame 4 coats and we sanded between each coat so its nice and smooth I will do the same with the black.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Got the engine back in before I go off to sea, I managed to press the old stems outa gsxr and bandit yokes the diameter of the bandit on it a ball hair smaller than t he gsxr so I'm getting a local engineering firm to handle that while I'm away so hopefully I can get it on when I get home doubt I will be getting it on the road this year, found a k6 wheel on ebay no sure what like it is until I'm home thou.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Managed to get this tail section looking a bit better i used car body filler no sur if it will crack and fall apart so if any one has any idea I'd participate a heads up before I get to painting it. I was also thinking along the lines of making a mould and redoing the thing so that it fits and is once piece rather than what I have here, kinda wishing I hadn't of bought this from ebay its taken me more time than any other part of the bike and I still have to figure out how to make an under tray for it. I'm goin to use stainless I have in the shed and polish it up but want it looking clean so might have to attach it to the sub frame or something, any help with that appreciated too.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
your off to a good start there buddy repped!!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice one, I will do what you done I already made a template outa an old chart that was luying around, so when I get home I will glass wee lugs to the inside. I have aluminium flat bar that might do the job. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This has fuck all to do with my build! But what the fucks going on with the streetfighter mag? it was hard enough to get where I live in Scotland after checking heaps of shops and getting no real answer I seen bsh mag with a pull out of streetfighters in it!:panzer:. If you ask me this is total shite why aint the streetfighter mag got a pull out of bsh and why has this happened? Bsh is crap I know they bum it up a wee bit in streetfighters but I have been getting this mag since I was a bairn and ripping about on crossers and ain't interested all that shit in bsh mag. But my main question is,if any one knows the answer is there going to be a feature of streetfighters in bsh every month or what?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
This has fuck all to do with my build! But what the fucks going on with the streetfighter mag? it was hard enough to get where I live in Scotland after checking heaps of shops and getting no real answer I seen bsh mag with a pull out of streetfighters in it!:panzer:. If you ask me this is total shite why aint the streetfighter mag got a pull out of bsh and why has this happened? Bsh is crap I know they bum it up a wee bit in streetfighters but I have been getting this mag since I was a bairn and ripping about on crossers and ain't interested all that shit in bsh mag. But my main question is,if any one knows the answer is there going to be a feature of streetfighters in bsh every month or what?
its very sad

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65087

1 - 20 of 177 Posts