Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to try and fit a cagiva mito rear swinger to my kh125, mainly because the front end from a mito went straight on so i want to match the wheels. the rear mito wheel will not fit the standard swinger because: A) the wheel is too wide B) the axle is to wide.

there are maybe a few ways to do it but i need some advice because i only have 1 shot at this, if it goes tits up i need a new frame.

mito front end on the bike, looks far better than the nsr setup.

this is the swingarm..

This is the frame and the 2nd pic shows how the original bolts on..

Its not the same frame and swinger below but you get the general idea of what im trying to do...

What would be the best way to go about this?

My idea would be:

cut out the existing tube, drill my frame and fit a larger tube with the id of the cagiva swingarm bolt.

Any idea's?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fair enough.

Would there be a problem with the shock going directly onto the swingarm thus eliminating the dog bones?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am no suspension engineer but that's what I did. I can tell you from my experience that you will need to strengthen the swing arm where you mount the shock

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
fair enough.

Would there be a problem with the shock going directly onto the swingarm thus eliminating the dog bones?
If you want to do a direct shock(no linkage) setup get a shock designed for that, like off an ER6/Ninja 650.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you want to do a direct shock(no linkage) setup get a shock designed for that, like off an ER6/Ninja 650.
Whats the difference? i thought a shock was a shock in most respects.

Edit: i see why now...they have a bush either end.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nothing to do with the ends, more to do with the way the shock was designed to work
ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Iv'e decided im going to use 2 of the cagiva inserts, drill my frame to suit and weld them in place and jobs a good'un - no fucking around and already made for the swingarm spindle.

then i need to buy another swingarm with 4 inserts in because they are 29 euro's each...fuck paying £100+ for 4 inserts when i can get a swingarm for £30 inc dog bones - which i need anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts