Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to turn/mill out a semi complicated rear sprocket spacer for my CB550?

I took a couple pictures and drew up some simple drawings of what I would like done. Hopefully it makes sense.

I thought about turning it myself but thought it would look a lot better if the edge of the spacer had the same profile as the drive hub. I designed this to also have the left axle seal so I could get rid of the ugly sprocket cover which would normally hold this seal.

I ordered a couple 6" x 1.25" slugs of 6061 last Friday so if you don't have the material on hand I can send it to you once I get it.

If this is something you would like to tackle let me know.

Thanks!
Dennis

Approximate height the sprocket will sit at with the spacer.

Side view.

Profile of the bottom of the spacer.

Center section view of the spacer. Through holes for the studs aren't drawn in.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike! Will get the aluminum out by the end of the week. Amazing it already showed up today.

:skully::skully::skully::skully::skully::skully:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robbo, here is a pic of the mock up checking out clearances. I will most definitely post pics of it all together since I'm kind of a pic whore.

Maybe I could sell a few when I have it all together. I think it's going to look nice not having that ugly seal plate on the outside of the sprocket.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Robbo, here is a pic of the mock up checking out clearances. I will most definitely post pics of it all together since I'm kind of a pic whore.

Maybe I could sell a few when I have it all together. I think it's going to look nice not having that ugly seal plate on the outside of the sprocket.

Pics ! awesome :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts