Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Ammadien's gl1000 - "8lbs 40 stone" - Discussion!

that first one looks like an m24 which would work well. The m-90's are a bit big for bikes I think - atleast for stock internaled liters. Good find - thanks!

Nate

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bout time for an update!

Got the wheel in. Decided to go stock to the rear end. 2000+goldwing single sided.

Gonna use the motor-stock drive shaft with the rearend splines welded on. Decided to do a custom swingarm since the aluminum doesn't really go with the frame or fit at all. Dom tubing for the swinger/subframe/pivot tube.

Machined the swingarm mount to the rear end out of steel.

Fork extenders(busa was 2-3" shorter than stock) gave us back about 1.5" on the front end made out of 7071 alum.

Making a swingarm should be fun, still looking at different superchargers within a price point.

Nate

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Pivot is tacked, beside aesthetic/lightening stuff the rear end mount and pivot are done.

Started bending tubing for the swing arm - Going to do 3 main tubes, then get the shock set up, then do some bracing.

Nate

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
49 Posts

awesome wing,brother.have a 79 myself,but she is too nice to chop up.have a 75 frame and motor,though...:CK187:

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Swing arm tacked up.

Still trying to find a blower within price point. Rear suspension is almost exactly like a 08 busa(shock). We'll prolly lower it since it's longer than stock, but we'll see once we get the thing on its wheels. Gonna weld up the swinger, then go back and do bracing/supports. In an attempt to make the welding easier.

Nate

·
FNG
68 Posts

I think those fork extensions would be a weak point. definitely not something i would feel safe about doing for myself, and especially not a customer.
bb7

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

They do them on vmax with r1 forks often and ours are more substantial. They are made out of 7071 solid stock. Of all the things done to this bike those fork extenyions worry me the least.

Nate

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
She's on the ground!!

Tacked suspension but rolling. Disassemble and weld. Poopie is gonna be sending me a blower here shortly - what a champ!

Nate

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Looking great that swinger is ridiculously awesome and the stance looks mean. You know what direction you're going for tank and tail?

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Looking great that swinger is ridiculously awesome and the stance looks mean. You know what direction you're going for tank and tail?
Thanks! Not positive about the rest of it. Maybe something minimal kinda digging the open frame look. It'll be aluminum body work regardless. Dad thought about a larger version of a sportster tank. Need to make sure there is room for the blower/carb bits too.

Nate

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Wicked cool. That rear brake looks tits back there.

:skully:
It's huge right? Big ol 6 pot on there too.

As far as the bends go - packed sand in them and used oxy/acetl torch witha rosebud tip. Used a lot of gas. Prolly shoulda got a bender.

Thanks for the interest.

Nate

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts

Can't wait to see this monster rolling down the road. It's going to be a head turner for sure.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

Lol @ mike. I want one too...

Just realized the lengthening of the forks thing, thats awesome, was it necessary or did u do it for better stance? And are u planning on keeping the busa bars?

Cant wait for the hand made body work also

Sent from my LG-P769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Lol @ mike. I want one too...

Just realized the lengthening of the forks thing, thats awesome, was it necessary or did u do it for better stance? And are u planning on keeping the busa bars?

Cant wait for the hand made body work also

Sent from my LG-P769 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ya the busa front end was a good 1.5" shorter than stock. That would have been a lot of angle to add - as far as turn in and what not - Didn't want a big heavy bike that wanted to fall over into corners.

Planning on some drag bars...maybe make some "z"bars, we'll see once a seat is on it. Dad doesn't mind leaning over so far, but I like the dirt bar pull back. We'll see what looks good.

Pics of the bending process...shoulda asked Justin first lol. Maybe next time when we build a frame.

Plugs were to keep the sand in. Thanks for the interest everybody.

Nate

21 - 40 of 75 Posts