Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, but here's what I'm starting with. Already bought more in parts than I paid for the bike. I'll start the pics as I progress. Only have the upper and lower fairings removed at the moment.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Why not? Why did you do to your bike what you did?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
saweeeeeet bike!

:honda: :metal:

WELCOME TO THE SITE

cant wait to see a 954 fighter!!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Why not? Why did you do to your bike what you did?
because money isnt something just thrown around in my life. not to say i'm poor by any means, but i have to have a reason to spend it. and i was asking the reason why he spent the money.
as for my bike, if you really want an explanation on all the mods i will write it up especially for you why i modded every piece the way i did. just let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I picked the bike up pretty cheap. Only had 2,600 miles on it too. Smacked a curb once and dumped from what I saw. The right fork was bent about 1/3 in., but the replacements are already on their way.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
The way you said it sounded like "why did you mess up a nice bike" when the same thing could be asked of you......who cares, people take brand new bikes and cut them up because they want to

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stripped a wee bit more off the bike.

I ordered the following parts:

Exhaust - Akrapovic Evolution w/carbon fiber muffler (I was told supposedely it was the last one left in the country and they are not going to import them anymore. Maybe that's bullshit though)

Rearsets - Gilles Tooling model#OPGTRSH03 (they're black and those shits are nice.)

Undertail - Easycarbon model# FGHO-954RR-UT

Handlebars - Rocky Mountain part# Longhorn 6061 Big Bar CR Low Bend Black

Brake/Clutch Levers - Yana Shiki part #A3074ABA3075AB

Grips - from Roaring Toyz (not sure of manufacturer) Diamond cut billet grips

Headlight - putting on a V-Rod light with a bit of modification

Wheels - RC Components Eclipse - Savage

The paint is going to be done by Jim Munroe (www.jimmunroe.com) of Rhode Island. Awesome artist.

As for right now, the UPS man is my best friend in the whole wide world.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
because money isnt something just thrown around in my life. not to say i'm poor by any means, but i have to have a reason to spend it. and i was asking the reason why he spent the money.
as for my bike, if you really want an explanation on all the mods i will write it up especially for you why i modded every piece the way i did. just let me know.

I don't think we understand your original statement.
My bike was bone stock before I fightered it... I sold the plastics to fund the project and even made a profit. No cheaper way to do it!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
thats gonna be a crazy bike.

I, for one would love to have a bit of cash to drop on my bike everyonce in a while. my bikes sits in the basement right now in need of pod filters and a jet kit before it is even ridable and I cant find the money to just do that. its part of life

rock the fuck on dude

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
I don't think we understand your original statement.
My bike was bone stock before I fightered it... I sold the plastics to fund the project and even made a profit. No cheaper way to do it!
EXACTLY! i'm the kinda guy that likes to use innovation instead of endless amounts of money... i think thats what fighters are more about than anything. if you take a brand new bike and strip it and sell the plastics to fund it... hell yea! but it's hard to spend 6 or 7k on aftermarket stuff that you NEED on your bike.
anyways i guess it just came out wrong... i apologize.
well the build looks like its goin real well so far! keep up the good work!!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
gonna get that swingarm powdercoated to match the frame???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gonna get that swingarm powdercoated to match the frame???
Man, I keep going back and forth on that. At first I said yes, then I changed my mind. The wheels are black, but have some polished aluminum on them. The forks are getting black anodizing, but the triple clamp is going to be polished. So I'm thinking maybe leaving the swing arm as is to balance out the bike. It's a dilemma.

One question I do have is what hell I should do with those air scoops. I was just going to cut them back. Maybe you guys have a different idea. I don't like just leaving them there, and I don't want to put the covers back on.

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Yo, the bike is gonna be sick guys. With his funds, my wrenching, and his ideas, this will be one bad ass RR. More parts need to start comin in so we can get this shit rollin!!! And so I can have more room in my garage again!

By the way, Goat is my brother in law.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts