Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the gentleman and scholar, Jheadx, for the hookup on his old project. Lots of plans for this one, but no real budget, so don't hold your breath.

Goodies:

Penske rear shock
Built forks (might keep em cause ABS)
Power commander
Duc 999 radiator that needs to have new fittings welded on for the conversion
no SSSA conversion needed

did I mention a V4?:cool:

Jared, post up so everyone can rep you raw.

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
Great bike, my brother has one, i've given it a spin: awesome, love it when you feel the v-tec kick in!

Built forks (might keep em cause ABS)
ABS was an option, i can't see an ABS disc, are you sure it has it? There is the CBS system though which i think can cause headaches if you start switching calipers etc.

Looking forward to updates however long between them, SUB'ed!

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
That can should make it sound like a fucking NASCAR
:doh:

ok so i go to the races once a year... kill me

i do like how the cars sound and smell

Reactions: CK 187

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
sweet. cut as much weight off of it as you can and centralize the mass thats left as much as you can and they handle quite nicely.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice bike it looks like it had lots of potential

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great bike, my brother has one, i've given it a spin: awesome, love it when you feel the v-tec kick in!

ABS was an option, i can't see an ABS disc, are you sure it has it? There is the CBS system though which i think can cause headaches if you start switching calipers etc.

Looking forward to updates however long between them, SUB'ed!
nah, not 100% on the abs, but there is some hardlines and two little thingys on top each caliper. CBS? I'm new to das Viffas. I haven't even began reading up on them yet.

Since the suspension is already upgraded, I don't think I'm going to swap the forks, and I like VFR rims, so they stay too.

The can is ala Jared, and I'm afraid, not staying. I'm still tossing around ideas. The only problem is I have two builds and no monies. I had to put the parts biz on hiatus for school.....boooooo

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
CBS?

I like VFR rims, so they stay too.
CBS = Combined Breaking System, the front and rear are linked.

The later 800 wheels were pretty much my favourate stock wheels until i saw the Triumph split 5 spokes i've got lined up for my VTR. Love 'em!

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Damn these things sounds sexy. I'll be watching this for sure. One of these days I need to pick me up one.... when I have space, time and money lol.

I never got the point of that CBS system, was it "supposed" to be better? Or is that how they integrated the ABS in? Weird

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
It just puts a little of the rear brake on when you pull the front, it helps keep the bike more flat under braking, of course an experienced rider should know when and where to do that anyway.

They do sound lovely, sitting behind my brother on the road with even his stock "shotgun" cans blatting in my face, i was quite jealous when riding my old CBR!

Anyway, i'll quit with the thread hi-jack!

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
I think they are a bit of a PITA to de-link and the front alone is supposed to be a bit weak without it. It's probably more hassle than it's worth unless you are mad keen on burnouts...... wait what am i saying!? DOOOOOOooo it!

:shocker:

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
the proper term is LINKED BRAKE SYSTEM

See what it does is when you hit the rear brake it uses the front left brake as well. never took one off but i know its a PITA to bleed sometimes during servicing

Reactions: thaOrleanyte
1 - 20 of 23 Posts