Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names Vince. I am known to others as that guy that can make anything. I build custom stainless steel turbo manifolds for a living.

So it all started when i picked up this barely used Ninja 250 off a friend that was upgrading. I originally planed to only use it as a starter bike and hone some type of skills on it. Well a couple DD seasons later it was retired with about 18,000 miles on it and it had been down a few times (not all by me).

A few months ago i pulled it out from under a tarp where it had been sitting for about two years. I had a couple crazy ideas, and soon enough the wrenches started flying.

this is what happened....

started out looking like this but in a different color.

tearing apart and slight mockup

New bars and I fabbed up a mount quick like a bunny

Front shot, need to shorten headlight brackets bad

Some paint, bars on

New seat subframe fabbed up

Still have quite a bit to go but i think its coming along pretty well.

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Another 250 Fighter is born

So I was given the rest of the week off @ work so the lil ninja is getting some lovin.

I have a nice side draft 40mm Dellorto carb that will find its way on the bike along with a sweet baby Garrett GT12 turbo. My setup will be a super efficient blow-through design and I will also fab up a bling bling custom stainless SCH40 turbo manifold. Intercooling will be handled by a progressive AEM water/meth kit and will be working in a PTI fashion for optimum IAT and detonation resistance.

The turbo is a bit big for this application but I do have some tricks up my sleeve to make everything work. Target boost won't be that much as my engine will stay bone stock internals.

I am building this bike as a daily driver to haul my butt to and from work and school (get the best parking @ school). This build is all about comfort, cruising, and maybe a little bit of an exponential power curve :)

The rear will house a custom aluminum VTA catch can, oil accumulator, and electric fuel pump with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. The radiator will also be mounted on the tail to make room for the turbo and it's oil sump.

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts

Pm sent about stock internals and turbo grenade...

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts

Sweet. Ballpark figures for the turbo'ed 2fiddy? What do those things weigh?

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts

His complete... prolly 40 horses with a wet weight of 320-325 by the look of it. Mine...60+ hp and 300 lbs wet before i get some lighter wheels. Depends on the purpose of the bike as to what these weigh...

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

bout 300 lbs dry

I would be happy with even 10 hp gain over stock. I am addicted to the sweet sound of open downpipes and the whistle of a spooling turbo.

Again, this is going to be my DD so the built is about comfort and just to do something a little different. By no means is it going to be anywhere near StuntNinja's power level. That thing is bad though.

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts

Nice. Then I was right on the money with weight and power.

·
Stock is for soup
136 Posts

Something about turbo bikes makes me go all gooey inside.. :rock:

·
uber newb!
534 Posts

double nummyyy!!! its sweet to see two turboed 250's on here :D its good stuff!

any plans for hte rest of the bike? front end and rear end? or just going ot do some motor work and fit finish?

-Levi

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

double nummyyy!!! its sweet to see two turboed 250's on here :D its good stuff!

any plans for hte rest of the bike? front end and rear end? or just going ot do some motor work and fit finish?

-Levi
The front end is going to have upgraded springs and emulators are going to be installed. The rear is going to be treated to a zx600 shock when finances allow.

No motor work planned except whatever it takes to get retarded (ignition timing). Carb swap, turbo hat, some charge piping, a spare suby BOV i have laying around.

gonna be fun

·
uber newb!
534 Posts

sense your ditching the airbox(for hte turbo) if you can use a drill press and a dremel, you can use a GSXR rear shock, from the 2002-2006 bikes, you have to drill out the Y and widen it a hair, and then enlarge the top busing hole and press in a new Ninja bushing.

its a little diffrent then a simple drop in, and so far i love how it performs.

-Levi

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

sense your ditching the airbox(for hte turbo) if you can use a drill press and a dremel, you can use a GSXR rear shock, from the 2002-2006 bikes, you have to drill out the Y and widen it a hair, and then enlarge the top busing hole and press in a new Ninja bushing.

its a little diffrent then a simple drop in, and so far i love how it performs.

-Levi
I did look into the GSXR shock but it didn't sound like to good of a match for me, i'm a big guy, bout 220 lbs. From what Ive seen the zx600 works better for heavier riders and has the ablility to adjust via air pressure.

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

*********update time*********

Side panels and high center mount muzzy exhaust. Since I will be riding the bike while it is still N/A i decided to put an hour or two into something that looks nice, balanced.

:rock::rock::rock:

yup yup, getting closer.

Plans for tomorrow - make an undertail panel, rear integrated fender, shaved down the front fender, make front fork protectors, shorten headlight brackets.

·
uber newb!
534 Posts

i LOVE IT!!!

back when i was wanting to ninja a 250 (funny story) that was pretty much what i was going todo with the rea end. and you did a great job of it!

whatcha going todo about lights/plate etc...

-Levi

·
Fabricator
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

all joking aside...

*****UPDATE TIME*****

Worked on the rear fender but got my radius wrong on the pie cut and wasted a bunch of time, gonna havta wait for another day. Shortened the headlight brackets, make a battery box, removed the front fender to start planning a CNC fork brace, bead rolled the side panels. Started planning out the VTA catch can, needs it bad!! BTW the battery box is the perfect size, there is a rubber vibration insert you cant see.

For the lights i was thinking a couple superbright LED strips. The license plate dunno yet, but i want it to be ummmm...hinged.... : )

1 - 20 of 84 Posts