Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the TL fell at the first hurdle , the aprilia falco was a great bike, the SV650 was sold before i got a chance to use it ...so i now have a vtr

the previous owner fitted race tyres, then flung it up the road at the first bend as they had no heat in them

clutch cover off as it has a gaping hole in it

replace the broken brake lever

fit a matching clutch lever

gain access to the sticking choke

then free off the hi/lo switch that was stuck on high beam, new bulbs in the clocks, remove the broken throttle tube

and that leaves this

not a bad evenings work

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Another yan build Awesome. What are the future plans for her?

·
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to be honest ...ride the dam thing, no mods that involve much downtime. in the middle of 4 or 5 builds already, just want to ride a bike

i'll tinker tho

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That's best kind of bike.......1 you can ride

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
nice. i almost picked one of these up recently.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
doc im pretty sure it was braced by someone. and jj the motor is quite solid. i believe its basically a rc51 motor that has been "detuned" more so for a smoother more touring oriented power delivery than anything else. still a hell of a motor.

·
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just so you are aware - if you fit flat / moto-x handlebars, it'll make the handling feel really vague and it'll wheelie at the slightest hint of throttle :thumbsup:
of course, even tho i respect yer knowledge and experience , i'll prob try it anyway :doh:

just fer a larf, and cause i can

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Wonder who braced the swing arm as a higher priority than fitting cartridge (they're just damper rod from stock) forks?? Oh, that'd be the same guy who road rides on slicks.

Make something fun and coherent, enjoy :)

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
doc im pretty sure it was braced by someone. and jj the motor is quite solid. i believe its basically a rc51 motor that has been "detuned" more so for a smoother more touring oriented power delivery than anything else. still a hell of a motor.
Nope. Vtr1000f was produced from 1997 and therefore predates the RC51by three years. Major differences are that the VTR uses carbs (big fuckers too, 48mm) and the RC51 is fuel injected, and the frames and suspension are massively different. VTR has far better low down torque, while the RC has mental amounts of top range, like the TLR

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Nope. Vtr1000f was produced from 1997 and therefore predates the RC51by three years. Major differences are that the VTR uses carbs (big fuckers too, 48mm) and the RC51 is fuel injected, and the frames and suspension are massively different. VTR has far better low down torque, while the RC has mental amounts of top range, like the TLR
the vtr1000f is to the rc51 what the tl1000s is to the tl1000r is what i was getting at.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
the vtr1000f is to the rc51 what the tl1000s is to the tl1000r is what i was getting at.
Nope. TL1000s and TL1000r are two totally differently built engines. S has cast pistons, R has forged. S is tuned for cruising, R is tuned for high rev spastics. The VTR f is to the rc51 as what the VFR750f is to the rc30.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts