Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm from Detroit, Mi and I picked up my 97 Bandit 600 over the summer. Just interested in a great experience on a bike that I could afford. I have always rode dirt bikes for as long as I can remember, but lately I have not had the time to travel to ride.

Really wasn't in love with the fairing on this thing so it came off pretty fast, and I assume everyone knows what a factory bike looks like. Anyways, it was clean, had low miles, and great service records.

I didn't intend to get carried away with the whole streetfighter customization, but a few weeks ago I was hit by a woman on a cell phone and there was a fair bit of damage to the headers, radiator, front fairing, gas tank... etc.

I managed to find a set of headers for $80 and I am searching around for a good deal on the stator cover. $40 doesn't sound to bad does it?

I have checked out this site a few times and always found it pretty straightforward for a forum.

Before the accident...

·
150lbs sexy 30lbs squishy
683 Posts
welcome dude, what mods you got planned

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Howdy!

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
welcom in mate ,shame yer bike got damaged it looked real sharp .!

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
welcome to zee fundershowzen. let me know what bandit parts you need

·
FUCKED UP AND IN FRONT
2,808 Posts
Welcome to the baddest mutherfukin streetfighter forum in the world. Now, as a member thats been around a while, I'm gonna help you out as a noob and make things really smooth for ya. First thing after your intro, you must post pics of your chick....in the buff, bikini, short shorts...doesn't matter but its in the :rulez:

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
Create Destroy Repeat
1,409 Posts
Welcome! GSF1200-R-01-2 or whatever his name is can definitely hook you up with some Bandito parts, don't ask him to reupholster your seat though...... Any plans for a different Headlight setup? I had the same one, they aren't held in high regard in these parts....

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Bandit looks good man. I have a few spare parts laying around PM me if ya need anything.

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now I am in need of a stator cover. Bike bandit has it listed for around $45 which I think is fair, so far on ebay I have only seen delkevic ones for about the same price.

As for mods, I am going to attempt to repair the many dents in the gas tank, and hopefully as my body work improves I will be able to add some more aggressive lines to the bike. I really want to raise the tail while keeping the factory fairing. Possibly just bending the sub-frame upwards?

Yeah that headlight was damaged so I will be searching for options. My goal will be to retain the factory headlight and create something myself.

I am new to just about everything accept the mechanics of the bike. I will install the Holeshot jet kit and timing advancer (convenient access as the cover on that side is already cracked). Maybe gear down a tad, but I am not really interested in getting much more power out of the bike.

I haven't really ridden a sports bike, but the suspension feels floaty to me. I am only 5'5" and about 130 pounds. But coming from motocross bikes this is probably just a different feel.

Also would it be best to request parts on this thread or start a new one in the appropriate section?

·
Administrator
6,081 Posts
Welcome to CF man.

3 ways to go about your parts.

First off you need to have 50 posts to do any classified posting. But once ya get to 50 posts you can post a thread in the classifieds asking for parts ya need.

Next as was mentioned ask the guys who have mentioned here they have the parts.

Last start a build thread and mention in it the list of parts ya need. Someone looking over the build thread will see that list and might have something for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts