Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im workin on a friends bike, he bought it from my best friend over the summer.. 2001 Gixxer 1000 (HUGE pic below)

Anyway's theres a shift star inside the motor that is held on by a bolt for the shift linkage inside the case.. the bolt fell out cut the dealer never put locktite on it (there fuck up). Which when the bolt fell out and the star moved, he couldnt move the shifter. It was rock solid and the bike was in a mid, neutral.

Soooo being the nice guy I am I drop the motor for him lol. Well while we got it apart lets clean the whole time top to bottom.. all the parts. Well while its apart lets put some chrome on it.. swingarm and rims.. Well whle its apart lets powder coat the from and sub frame.. Well, we got the front end off it let put new brake bads and steel braided lines on it. Fuck.. go urder an undertail kit while we're waitin for the motor to get back, its one more thing we can put on. lol... You know what?? Bring your upper stay, lowering links, rear shock mount, your forks, rear spacer block chain adjusters to work and paint them high gloss black with that crazy thick industrial paint you got at themachine shop.. and while ur there all the engine mounting bolts, rear suspention linkage bolts, sprocket and rotor bolts can get polished on the buffer. Mine as well grab some new Pilot Powers too. Fuck it, order an HID kit to go with it and order a new GPR damper..

YEAH it all went like that lol

He got the frame back from powder coat the other day and we just bolted the chrome rear suspention and wheel up along with the front end minus the wheel. He still has some bolts at the shop. But this is what it looks like as of last night. the powder coat that was used is very textured (looks like oil and water), Black is the under color and gun metal grey is the top color.. Its shot at once, but when it cooks in the oven, the colors split likt that. its pretty hot lookin

His fake stoppie

Gotta represent ma brotha's

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
NICE. looks hot.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ab420 said:
DAMN! That thing is coming out nice. The powder coating is freaking awesome!
yeah the guy we went threw is fuckin cool as hell, he put nylon plugs in all the threaded holes so we didnt have to worry about any re-tapping, the whole frame and sub-frame was like that.. Anyplace where something bolted up or there there was a washer for spacing there was no powder coat so there were no problems.

$300 for the main frame and the sub

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
That is looking nice.

And I know exactly what piece you are talking about in the trans. Earlier this year, the trans I had in my track bike just up and died on me. I am not a trans exoert, so I just opted to swap things out with a spare motor I had laying around. This was the third time I hjad the motor in and out of the frame, so I was becoming pretty quick at it. And it figures right, the two sets of bolts that hold up the back of the motor, run through the case you have to drop to get to the trans stuff and the part you were talking about. I did mine...trans swap anyway, in my LR. LOL:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
So this is a common problem with Gixxers?

Edit: Spyder, Seeing that you're in NY, I was going to ask you about a referal to powdercoat my wheels. But then I looked up where Rochester was, damn, you're all the way up there.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
enrico vespa said:
So this is a common problem with Gixxers?

Edit: Spyder, Seeing that you're in NY, I was going to ask you about a referal to powdercoat my wheels. But then I looked up where Rochester was, damn, you're all the way up there.

If you want a price I could find out for you, lemme kow what rims they are off of.. if you want them done pull the tires off them and have the bearing yanked, he does the rest

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
spydy your a busy man! doing cool shit too.

that powdercoat does look bad ass. guy did a good job. you should tell him that he could show off the frame WAY more if he streetfighters it out!

:rock:

my only question is...how come the swinger is chrome?? i woulda p.coated that as well. i think that looks weird.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
BigRed875 said:
i'm hungry
prawly cuz you keep smokin that big fatty in your avatar!:LolLolLolLol:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
929_adam said:
spydy your a busy man! doing cool shit too.

that powdercoat does look bad ass. guy did a good job. you should tell him that he could show off the frame WAY more if he streetfighters it out!

:rock:

my only question is...how come the swinger is chrome?? i woulda p.coated that as well. i think that looks weird.
The guy is pretty short, just wants to keep more of a stock look with a couple accents. He bought the chrome swingarm and both rims for $600 from another buddy of mine. Came with the bearings in, all 3 rotors, cushdrive and chrome sprocket, and tires with about 40% life on them.

Since the paint has some metalic silver on it already, a little chrome woul make a pop a little better. Plus its gonna get a set of billet side covers that will be polished

929_adam said:
prawly cuz you keep smokin that big fatty in your avatar!:LolLolLolLol:
LOL

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
well be sure to post pics when its done. i wanna see how it looks!

you gonna initiate him into fighterdom or waht??

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
929_adam said:
well be sure to post pics when its done. i wanna see how it looks!

you gonna initiate him into fighterdom or waht??
Ill post up alot, the next time I go over there it'll be done. Ill try and bring him to the dark side.. But you know how it is, we're all a special breed

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
YAaAaAY were SPECIAL!

:LolLolLolLol:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well we finished about 95% of it last night.. Got it done in about 5 hrs total. Today we just re-bled the brakes, re-routed a couple coolant lines, put on the lower plastics, put on the rivit link and tightened the chain.. and took it for a quick spin around the block a couple times.. Bike came out real nice.

He bought a shit load more goodies for it while the motor was getting fixed.. GPR Damper, chrome side licence plate mount, chrome chain guars, chrome bar ends, polished billet frame sliders, front and rear braided lines, new pad's front and rear, Hot Bodies unertail, Custom solo cover with air loovers with chrome mesh inside, Power Commander 3, hyper white bulbs.. and probably more but I cant think that hard lol

Heres the finished product..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts