Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
half litre beatre
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some pics of my bike. i saw that other ex500 thread so i figured id post mine up too :) (i also saw it on the ex500 forum too)

it is a 1993 EX500A. bought it for 600 bucks. didnt run. one of the floats was leaky too. a new set of carbs and a little wrench turning and it runs like a top. it caught on fire before i owned it. two owners ago left a battery charger on. battery caught on fire. dude i bought it from put a new seat on, and redid the wiring harness. said he rode it for about a year, and then it sat for about another year. and thats when i came in :)

here is a pic of the day i bought it:

i painted it flat black with truck bedliner. 7.99 a can at walmart. the stuff is pretty tough. ive spilled gas on it and dropped wrenches on it and it still looks as good as the day i painted it. if it ever does get bad, ive still got about half a spraycan left for touch up.

here it is now:

still had the stock bars on in this pic:

and in this one too... you can see how i mounted the headlight. i have since moved it back one space and put turn signals in the front holes.

acewell gauge and CRG hindsight mirror:

i want to do SOMETHING with the rear end, but am not sure what yet... maybe get a solo seat/race tail? the side covers are held on with duct tape. also i have a nice roll of header tape to cover up my nasty exhaust pipes... just gotta put it on...

i also want to start hiding wires and stuff like that. that will probably be my winter project, as well as just touching up stuff. i kind of put it together in a hurry because i was so anxious to GET OUT AND RIDE!!!

im going to have to get a new tank soon too. this one has recently developed a small fuel leak. i patched it with some JB weld, but it started leaking again. not cool.

parts:

buell headlight
woodcraft clipons
vance and hines exhaust
spraypainted w/ duplicolor truck bedliner
acewell gauge
CRG hindsight mirror
galfer SS front brake line
duct tape
electrical tape
zip ties

:cfrocks:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
looks good.

·
half litre beatre
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i think so as well.

i was thinking about putting some motox bars on it somehow... maybe ill try to make a mount that uses the stock handlebar risers or something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice and similar to what i want to do to mine, as for the tail i'm still unsure, maybe just a tail tidy/fender eliminator, nothing extravagant.

Nice work there mate !

:)

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Other historical event from July 2007...

Smoking in England is banned in all public indoor spaces: with the ban already in force in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, this means it is illegal to smoke in indoor public places anywhere in the UK. Australia implements a similar ban.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts