Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok hopefully this makes some sense but it probably wont.
i have an 83 suzuki gs750E which is a steel cradle style frame (i think its called). it was involved in a flood a few years back and has just sat since and then it ended up belonging to me. it has a clear title but is pretty much just a frame and title for me.
picture pre flood

i may be aquiring an 03 gsxr 750 that has a salvage title. runs and rides just fine but cant register it so i got to thinking. how hard would it be to make that gs frame take the newer twin spar style motor? i am guessing it would be similar to the zking in terms of what i would have to do to get it to mount up. yeah? this would also involve a newer inverted front end and a newer rear end with a 200 size tire. any input?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Sounds like a great idea and with the frame being steel it shouldn't be to hard to weld some new motor mounts in

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
I would take a hard look at how you are going to fit the plumbing for the radiator and the header into that frame. That is where your gonna earn your cred for that swap.

I'm thinking small rad with juiced up pump should work.......but I am not sure

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had been tempted to run a very small rad under the seat area and make me own headers. The original motor spit it's head gasket out. Was then under water and silt for a week or so. And then say for 2 years haha. But now I may end up with an 02 Gsxr 750 with a clean title instead. Idk

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've been thinking about a thicker core radiator, so it wouldn't have to be so big to help with that space issue. exhaust pipes won't be so bad if you can fab.
You wouldn't happen to still have that 750 header would ya?

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
get some general dimensions and make a wood "engine" to see if thing would work, it can be all blocky and doesnt need to be super accurate except for the exhaust ports.... you could even do it out of cardboard but that will flex it might not make clearances matter that much.

taking an old 750 and putting in a new 750 with the classic looks is awesome to me.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ii may have to put this on the shelf for right now. but im still really leaning towards it

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
ii may have to put this on the shelf for right now. but im still really leaning towards it
unless you have tons of money and no everyday obligations things like this happen. Just make sure you dont forget about it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.