Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
May be a cannibal?
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for awhile, finally getting around to 'fightering my 97 ZX6R.

Plans include:

Chop subframe and swap CBR1000rr tail
MX Bar swap
New Vortex sprockets and RK chain
Longer cables and front brake lines
Chop down Arrow silencer to a stubby
98-99 ZX6R Fuel tank
Either the sidemount chrome light or a couple driving lights

Any suggestions would be great!

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
A little

Hello

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
im jealous! i've been trying to get this dood to hook me up with a spare 1000rr tail that he has...but no dice yet. i wanted it for my 600rr. similar but better looking IMO. looks like youre gonna beat me to it.

did you get those headlight mounts off ebay??

take off the upper fairing and ram air tubes so we can see what youre working with.

WELCOME TO THE SITE

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Welcome, I have the later generation of your bike fightered out.

If you are interested in them I've got a shock and swingarm off an 05 ZZR600 (same as 98-02 zx6r) for sale cheap. Swinger is probly not much different than yours, but it'd allow you to have newer rims... the shock would probly be an upgrade though.

·
May be a cannibal?
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny you mention that, I actually grabbed a G series (98-99) shock off of ebay to replace my sagging stocker. I had my buddy measure up the swingarm on his 03 636 and it appears it would swap into my bike. I would like to run the wider rim. I also just picked up some 6 Pot Tokico's from a 01-02 Gixxer 1000 to replace my 4 pots.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Well if you'd rather have a black spring than a yellow, then I've got a shock for you!:LolLolLolLol:

If you are interested in a swingarm though, I believe the 03 636 has the same swingarm as the earlier zx6r's (like what I have) so it should be the same. I don't think the changed the swingarm on the 6R till the 05 came out. A little research would tell you quick. Let me know.

·
May be a cannibal?
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Candyman said:
Well if you'd rather have a black spring than a yellow, then I've got a shock for you!:LolLolLolLol:

If you are interested in a swingarm though, I believe the 03 636 has the same swingarm as the earlier zx6r's (like what I have) so it should be the same. I don't think the changed the swingarm on the 6R till the 05 came out. A little research would tell you quick. Let me know.
$$$?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts