Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned a parts frame into a rolling chassis. I swapped in my rebuilt 250 motor and had it bored and bumped it up to 265ccs as well as bumping up the compression slightly. The whole motor build was a big mess with Wiseco. I'd stick with JE Pistons next time for better quality. I derusted the gas tank with vinegar and electrolysis and sealed it with Red-Kote.

Currently lazily working on obtaining the title to the frame. The bike was financed through HSBC bank. Their phone customer service is almost nonexistent! Title process is a pain in the ass. Hopefully I don't have to go the bonded title route.

It's a newer 250:

Side fairings from my other 250:

I'm still debating whether or not to chop the rear frame/tail section off to have it looking like this:

I also went ahead and purchased a 92 Kawasaki ZX7 gauge cluster, 7" Emgo round headlight, and some chinese headlight brackets off EBay.

I need to get a new ignition switch since the the frame had but cut off. I would like to relocate it but then I lose the steering lock for theft deterrent. I'm also working on building an exhaust. Still doing some research on exhaust design and figuring out how to make it as quiet as possible. I might just turn this bike into my daily commuter and sell my other 250 if it pans out good. LOL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pulled the top triple off to try and extract the bolts for the ignition lock. Ended up drilling it out and retapping. My cheap tap handle broke on me towards the end of tapping the last threads. The triple is also missing a bolt that clamps down one of the fork tops.

I also found out that I ordered the wrong LED bulbs for the gauge cluster. The older guages I have use a T7 wedge bulb and not the T10 wedges that I had ordered. The T7 LEDs are hard to find so I'm just going to stick with the regular bulbs. So if anyone wants some super blue 194/T10 wedge LED bulbs, I have 20 of them! LOL

The rubber bulb grommets have shrunken and some are chewed up. I'm not sure how I'm going to seal them to keep water out of the gauges yet.

Ordered some connectors from www.motorcycleterminal.com to do a clean plug and play setup with the gauges and turn signals. I was going to pick up a pinning tool from the autoparts but used flat screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit to remove the pins from the connectors. That didn't last long so I ended up using another from my electronics tool set. Wiring on the gauge cluster is redundant so I'll need to splice some wires together. Tested out the repinned plugs and the whole cluster works! I just need to buy a new to me thermostat to work with this gauge cluster. $45 seems steep. Heck a new one for the 250 is a whopping $94!

I'm trying to see if I could use the temp sensor as a fuel gauge as well since the new 250s have a fuel gauge. I'm not sure what resistance the zx7 is calibrated to or if this is even possible.

The stock 250 speedo cable is about 29-30" and for where I want to mount it I need at least another 10". I'm hoping the cable from a Kawi Vulcan is long enough since their speedo gauge is mounted on the gas tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chinese ignition lock does not work. Poorly put together and the internal contacts suck. Also solder layout is wrong. I can't tell if the resistor is soldered in circuit or if they forgot it and soldered in a jumper wire. I emailed the seller and I'm waiting for a response.

My new round headlight has yet to arrive and the seller has yet to respond :/ I was able to contact Capital One bank since the bought out HSBC bank and got the information i need to get a lien release to obtain a title on the bike frame.

A local rider said he has a speedometer cable I can try out in a 42 in length from a Yamaha. Going to see if it works.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, I'm not getting the headlight anymore. Seller says distributor has headlight on back ordered. Roughly 1-2 weeks. Canceled the order. Got the cluster required and working on some tabs to mount the cluster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm starting to think the cluster is too bulky. Maybe I should have gone with a vapor trail or Chinese knockoff. My koso knockoff mirrors came in though. Working on HID housing ideas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Koso clone mirrors are a no go. Anyone want them? How my bars are angled doesn't work with the mirror's limited adjustment capabilities. Works Better if bars are Also picked up a zx6 speedometer cable and hooked it up. Will start hacking at the exhaust soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Working on trying to reroute the 300 header to work with the 250 motor. Not sure how to go about it yet. I also gutted the 300 exhaust to make a straight pipe slip on. Ordered an 8" headlight for a Honda shadow from Ebay along with a cheap HID kit to retrofit into it. It probably won't be here in my hands until next month LOL. Missing nuts and bolts came in the mail along with my generic Ebay headlight brackets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought some forks on ebay and and the guy has not sent them nor responded back to my last set of emails.

8" headlight from china has not been shipped. Expected arrival is November.
My cheap chinese projector came in but I bought the one without a ballast. Fugggg.
Got to wait for paycheck to buy exhaust muffler core and packing.
Need gsxr fork and wheel crap but that's on hold until I get the damn forks.

I need a wideband o2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheap = cutting corners and poor QA.
I had to recut with a dremel the H4 socket in the housing to align straight and flush as well as use a large washer to use as a spacer to mount the projector. I'm going to have to cut out a hole in the provided socket cover and use the HID bulb cover since I have feeling it's going to melt. I didn't use the angel eye/devil eye stuff so I just tucked the wires in the housing.

The light output sucks so I'm thinking with a better ballast will help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picking up some OEM and morimoto ballasts to test out to see if it improves the light output.

I got hit with some bad news. Lien holders tell me that the original owner of the frame still has an unpaid balance. They won't tell me how much or give me te contact info so I'm screwed on registering the bike. Other option is to part it out or make it a stunt track bike to sell.

Other bad news, stupid State Farm agent calls me and said they won't pay for my front end damages on my truck but only the rear since their client rear eder me and pushed me I to the vehicle in the front. They are giving me some bd thing saying they have get a statement from the grl in front and he is not returning their phone calls. They are basivally saying that a police report is not evidence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts