Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Currently Feckless
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plan to put an R6 2002 tail end on my GSXR 750 WN.

I bought all the parts and recently have offered them up, but it seems there is a space between the seat and the tail fairing and it doesn't sit on the sub frame at all. See the second image.

What do you lot use to support the rear plastic?
Any suggestions on where to locate the other stuff - CDI, fusebox, coolant etc?

BTW, the seats (rider & 'pillion') fit perfectly on the sub frame.

Here are some photos (the mock up in image 1 is just laid on top of the existing sub and will be about 1.5-2" lower) -

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Man that looks really good. I have a 91 1100 myself. But I'm thinking you could probably fabricate your own bracket to hold up the rear of the plastic. But if you plan on having an extra rider back there it's probably gotta be really stiff and probably welded into place.

·
Currently Feckless
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that looks really good. I have a 91 1100 myself. But I'm thinking you could probably fabricate your own bracket to hold up the rear of the plastic. But if you plan on having an extra rider back there it's probably gotta be really stiff and probably welded into place.
Thanks mate.
Well, I'd like to keep my options open in case a young lady was mad enough to get on the back (as it were). To be honest, I'll probably only have some luggage at the beginning - I want to do some proper miles on it.
I was thinking of some dense foam to hold up the plastic; I'd put it just behind the rider seat threads shown in the 3rd photo - what do people usually use?
Also, is this normally held in place by the stock under tray or something?

But, yea, some kind of padded plate would be necessary for the very end. Cheers for the recommendation.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Honesty I've never done a swap like this let alone seen one. Best thing I can think is to just start trying to fabricate a bracket for the long run. In the meantime I'm sure a bunch of dense foam could work. As long as everything is secured I don't think it should be a problem.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
I have a plan to put an R6 2002 tail end on my GSXR 750 WN.

I bought all the parts and recently have offered them up, but it seems there is a space between the seat and the tail fairing and it doesn't sit on the sub frame at all. See the second image.

What do you lot use to support the rear plastic?
Any suggestions on where to locate the other stuff - CDI, fusebox, coolant etc?

BTW, the seats (rider & 'pillion') fit perfectly on the sub frame.

Here are some photos (the mock up in image 1 is just laid on top of the existing sub and will be about 1.5-2" lower) -

the rear plastic bolts on to the front of the subframe, the back is supported by the box that carries the battery, fuse box, ecu, etc. This is bolted to the sub frame.
At the rear of the under tray there are 4 holes, these are for the rear numberplate unit, this is bolted to the battery box and is the support for the plastic
hope this helps

·
Currently Feckless
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rear plastic bolts on to the front of the subframe, the back is supported by the box that carries the battery, fuse box, ecu, etc. This is bolted to the sub frame.
At the rear of the under tray there are 4 holes, these are for the rear numberplate unit, this is bolted to the battery box and is the support for the plastic
hope this helps
Thanks, I think there's going to be a fair amount of fabrication involved :)
I haven't got the first clue how to do it properly, but I love doing this part :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts